Is DAZN destroying boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All dazn is ruining is dazn.

Comment

Glovkin just made $14 million fighting an unknown opponent.
      He made $2.5 mil fighting Jacobs. A fight that was grueling to negotiate for both parties, if you recall.
      Would you even give a fk if the Canelo fight was never made?

Comment

yes. boxing just got cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Glovkin just made $14 million fighting an unknown opponent.
          He made $2.5 mil fighting Jacobs. A fight that was grueling to negotiate for both parties, if you recall.
          Would you even give a fk if the Canelo fight was never made?
          Jacobs vs GGG, took them almost a year to reach an agreement. DAZN bestowed Loeffler peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Wilder was offered $12 mil for 3 title shots.
            He turned them all down saying it's a lowball offer.
            A guy who averaged $1.2 mil per fight, made $2 mil in the Ortiz fight.
            If you don't mind me asking, how do you know so much about his private financial information?

Comment

I think dazn is a generally positive thing, but I doubt they can sustain it in it's current form. I expect dazn "premium events" before long.

Advertiser sponsored boxing (free TV) is really the best thing for the fans but dazn isn't as bad for boxing as ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Jacobs vs GGG, took them almost a year to reach an agreement. DAZN bestowed Loeffler peace of mind.
                Yeah, Loeffler is probably surprised how incredibly easy his life has become when he and GGG joined DAZN.
                They don't have to do any negotiating tasks, "F you Canelo/Oscar, who cares if you don't want the fight, we'll still get our millions without you."
                Skipper will do all the negotiating for them.

You'd wonder what DAZN got themselves into.
                They're wasting tens of millions of dollars for what?
                A useless fight like Rolls/GGG is worth $20 million?
                What a joke.
                Last edited by rickJen; 07-16-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

DAZN all day errr day!

Comment

If a poster opines PBC is hurting boxing by overpaying fighters, wouldn't DAZN be doing the same thing when they over pay fighters?

I don't think DAZN is hurting the sport, I think the politics and network deal are. If DAZN, instead of having Canelo signed to a deal, were instead allowed to submit a bid for Canelo/Charlo along with PBC and ESPN, with the highest bidder getting the broadcast rights, we'd get the fights we want.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      If a poster opines PBC is hurting boxing by overpaying fighters, wouldn't DAZN be doing the same thing when they over pay fighters?

I don't think DAZN is hurting the sport, I think the politics and network deal are. If DAZN, instead of having Canelo signed to a deal, were instead allowed to submit a bid for Canelo/Charlo along with PBC and ESPN, with the highest bidder getting the broadcast rights, we'd get the fights we want.
                      Even Floyd Mayweather is complaining doe.

Mayweather: I'll Tell Haymon - Fighters Getting Too Much Money!

Comment

Working...
                      X