No announcement yet.

Whst makes boxing the greatest sport in your opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whst makes boxing the greatest sport in your opinion

Mine i have to say history no other sport has a history as deep as boxing.

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    Mine i have to say history no other sport has a history as deep as boxing.
    they were wrestling each other 15,000 years ago ^^

Comment

It's a different sport, a special one.

-The story of the fighters, they are examples to humanity in some aspects (with few exceptions).

-Boxing its art, the way to control your mind and throw punches, the defensive movements, the defensive skills, the counter punches, the way to move around the ring, it's art.

-Fighters are putting their lives in the ring.

-Boxing is tradition, culture, boxer represent their people.

-The emotional side, boxing is an electric sport.

Comment

I think fighting is one of the most base & entertaining, even at its lowest levels, competitve things people challenge themselves with.

I mean how simple is "we're trying to beat each other up" as a sport? Its gotta be among the simpliest breakdowns of how you win in all of sports besides "we're trying to get to the finish line first".

And I mean sh^t if a fight breaks out at the Super Bowl almost everyone who knows two people are fighting are going to be looking towards the crowd fight over the game. Thats how interesting & compelling fighting is to everyone at its base level.

Comment

I'd put up a picture of Estrada as an answer. Fighters like him elevate boxing.

Comment

It's fun to hit people

Comment

It takes total discipline, both mental and physical and peak conditioning to succeed. There are no teammates to pick up the slack of you are having an off night, when you lose, you lose alone. Win, and you get all the glory. There are no timeouts in boxing or substitutes. Boxing requires that extra gear most athletes don’t possess. Do all the things other peak athletes can do, but do it while getting punched in the face.

Comment

I don't know man I just really enjoy 2 boxers giving it their all...

Showing heart, dedication, skills and everything deep inside them to just win a fight. That warriors mentality. Like someone said, sometimes it's like watching art. The technique involved with it, the smarts of the fighters. Everything is intriguing. Will this guy beat that guy? Who is the best? Who is the baddest man on the planet? Because Boxers seem like superhumans at times man.

Comment

Sick of it at the moment, all the contenders need to be forced to fight

Comment

Because it's the sport that subconsciously appeals to our gay side.

Subconsciously we love to watch half naked men in a ring, dominating each other. We watch the weigh in's and watch men in their underwear while assessing their bodies etc..

Boxing is the most h0m0-erotic sport there is. Everyone on this forum and every hardcore boxing fan is at least bi-curious, even if they haven't realised it.

Comment

Working...
                    X