Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Legends TV YouTube channel deleted.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
    Yeah . I noticed about a couple weeks ago . YT is going all out on their Censorship . Boxing Legends was deleted for Copyright but at least 5 other channels I had got deleted by YT for supposed "inappropriate or offensive content" .
    I've been looking for other video sharing sites but none can rival YT Yet .
    On Dailymotion, stuff never gets deleted

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      I was surprised it lasted that long.

He was copyright infringing like a ********. Why does he think he can make a highlights videos of a PPV fight the same night when FOX sports, ESPN, ETC can only show stills?

sucks yeah but was not unexpected.
      ... true!.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        A huuuge blow to boxing promotion. This dude has 900000 subscribers and routinely gets a million plus views and now it is deleted by copyright law.

He promotes fighters better than most promoters.
        Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Wow that sucks, I liked that channel
        Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Yeah . I noticed about a couple weeks ago . YT is going all out on their Censorship . Boxing Legends was deleted for Copyright but at least 5 other channels I had got deleted by YT for supposed "inappropriate or offensive content" .
        I've been looking for other video sharing sites but none can rival YT Yet .
        Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        Looks like the party's over...

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
        That's a good point. He really could've held off a while with new highlights given how heavily boxing content is monitored on youtube.

Still, sucks to see a great channel down the drain.
        Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        This sucks, liked his videos.
        Originally posted by betmen View Post
        i just notice it, usually their videos always pop in my recommendation
        Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        that's the best boxing channel on YT period. Hopefully he saved all his work cuz if I was to lose that much material permanently I'll turn into an alcoholic overnight. His breakdowns and highlights put big networks to shame. he had a SRR tribute vid that was the best SRR video to pass around to ppl who have no clue how great he was. Haven't seen nothing on that level yet.
        Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Seems like the guys in control of boxing dont want the sport to become more popular
        Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... true!.........................
        Top rank took down his video of Lomachenko being dropped by linares, took the channel down just cause of that.

Top Rank, Inc.
        geofferyjgates@gmail.com

thats the email, its not public info but I'll leak it, write them and tell them to release boxinglegend channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Boxing Legends TV YouTube channel deleted.....

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            On Dailymotion, stuff never gets deleted
            Cool. Thanks for that .

Comment

Top rank took down his video of Lomachenko being dropped by linares, took the channel down just cause of that.

Top Rank, Inc.
              geofferyjgates@gmail.com

thats the email, its not public info but I'll leak it, write them and tell them to release boxinglegend channel.
              You think anyone is gonna buy that ****?

What's with your irrational hatred of Lomachenko?

Comment

Really? That sucks... but yeah, he was pretty much walking all over copyright. I can't be too surprised.

I do wish that the TV networks weren't such fascists when it comes to youtube copyright though. It's their right, but a lot of casual fans use the site to watch highlights of past and current fighters, and if you don't have access to the particular TV network the fight is on youtube can be your only option to actually see footage of the fights. If you were to wipe all the boxing footage off of youtube it'd be a catastrophe for the sport. Sometimes the networks upload highlights themselves but they almost always suck, you're lucky if HBO decides to give you a minute's worth of footage from a 12 round fight.

Comment

This ultimately comes down to lack of foresight in my mind.

If these promoters/TV channels had any, they would take the approach that game developers and publishers took with the modding community.

Gothic 3 was rushed by JoWood in the mid 2000's, and was released unfinished, buggy and had some game breaking bull**** that severely hampered ones ability to enjoy the game. So what did the modding community do? They fixed all the bull with patches, and not only did they fix the issues, they changed certain aspects of gameplay, visuals, even the sound. They added stuff that had been cut by Piranha Bytes due to time constraints, remastered the graphics for current gen hardware, etc. So, when JoWood released Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods to a terrible critical reception due to bugs and ****ty content, they PAID the Gothic 3 modding community to make mods and patches to FIX their broken game.

There's NO WAY that they paid these modders as much as they paid their regular employees. Bethesda tried to do the same, but failed hard with their stupid Mod Market or whatever its called, but their is some wisdom to this.

Instead of copywriting and vilifying talented and popular content creators, especially those who bring high views to the sport, PAY them a figure/fee for their ****, and have their channels as affiliates of the promoter or whatever.

I mean ****, these dudes who are talented i.e BoxingLegendsTV would get paid well for their ****, and these promoters i.e Top Rank, Matchroom, etc. would have awesome content that they could get away with paying much less than they do their editors for.

I'm not talking about dudes who create content filled with background noises, scruffy goatees and chirping birds, I mean the real talented dudes.

Our sport is already handicap filled. Stomping out passionate and talented boxing content creators is ******ation of the highest order.

Comment

I was surprised it lasted that long.

He was copyright infringing like a mtoherfucker. Why does he think he can make a highligth videos of a PPV fight the same night when FOX sports, ESPN, ETC can only show stills?

sucks yeah but was not unexpected.
                    What this guy said.

Comment

A little bird said Hearn had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X