Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Nas Is The GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Nas Is The GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME...

I use to say Tupac Amaru Shakur was. Why? Because I would say that 2-Pac did ever style great, lyrics, combined with his great flow touched alot of people.

But I have now changed my mind. Nas also did every style good to great, Nas had some good clubs songs.

I can't say that 2-Pac is the greatest just because of his great flow and extreme popularity. Lets be honest, flow is a great thing, but its not everything. And as far as his popularity, alot of that was because of his music, but him dying made him larger than life. If 2-Pac wasn't killed, he wouldn't be as big of a legend as he is. Would he be a big legend? Absolutley, but dying made him an icon.

Nas is a better lyricist, Nas has also touched people. EX: I know I can, The World is yours and black girl lost. Nas also has a great flow, not as great as 2-Pacs. But a great one. Nas is arguably a better story teller, Nas is more creative. Nas arguably made the greatest rap album of all time, 2-Pac doesn't have one top 5 album of all time. People say 2-Pac had a big impact, he did, because he died and was great. Don't get me wrong, he would have been a great great legend, without dying. His music is incredible, and I'd rate him #2 all time. Thats a huge compliment.

Nas is still going strong, Untitled was a near classic to classic. 2-Pac's after death albums have been good to very good at best. Thats not his fault, but its worth pointing out that Nas is still going as an argument for why he is better. That is not to be meant as disrespect toward to 2-pac, but its just being honest.

Who has a discography as good as Nas? Nobody.

Illmatic-Classic
    It was written- Classic
    Stillmatic-Classic
    Untitled-Classic
    Gods Son- near classic
    Street disciple- 4/5

Nas is untouchable. Rakim is a pioneer and one of the best ever(top 3). But how could Rakim be the greatest? his discography doesn't match nas's discography.

THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME
    Nas
    43.48%
    2-Pac
    56.52%

I love 2-Pac, no ****. I just don't want people to take what I'm saying the wrong way.

My greastest list is

Nas
    2-Pac
    Rakim
    KRS-One
    Jay-Z

Comment

Nas is 6/10. Dude just doesn't do it. He desperately needs a style change up. No more 80's or 90's anymore.

Comment

i think i might have to agree with you...

nasir is the greatest rapper to ever lift a mic.

nasir
        rakim
        kane
        chuck d
        krs
        giancanna
        gza
        face

Comment

thanks fix^

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
            thanks fix^
            not a problem, nas put his work in.

Comment

Fix, you do realize that the hardcore 2-Pac enthusiastists are going to kill me?

Comment

Nas 50, 2pac 37
                http://forums.projectcovo.com/showth...1899721&page=8

Tupac 26, Nas 14
                http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=1248762&page=4

Looks like you can make the argument either way at this point, but im ready to say that I think they are the two best rappers ever. And im leaning very slighty towards Nas being the goat

Comment

I'm listening to untitled right now....

for all those who havnt killed me, thank you...lol

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                    I'm listening to untitled right now....

for all those who havnt killed me, thank you...lol
                    I've been listening to untitled the past couple of days...its a great cd, the only thing that bothers me at times is his beat selection. The song breathe is real dope, good summertime song.

Truth, you can add a nas vs pac poll fam?

Comment

Working...
                    X