Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Reliable

Meet Kristian "Mr. Reliable" Laight.

Record: 12-279-9(0 KOs)

This guy has padded the records of fighters you've never heard of, but I bet he answers his phone on the first ring.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/216597

Fair play to him for sticking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat bateman View Post
      Fair play to him for sticking at it.
      Actually with 279 losses and only 5 by KO, he's pretty incredible. Understanding the nickname.

Comment

Geez he must kniw how to defend himself with a record like that.
        Not so much putting em together.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          Actually with 279 losses and only 5 by KO, he's pretty incredible. Understanding the nickname.
          Definitely seems a crafty veteran albeit with a losing record but he is getting paid and keeping active cant ask anymore of the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat bateman View Post
            Definitely seems a crafty veteran albeit with a losing record but he is getting paid and keeping active cant ask anymore of the man.
            In an odd way, you really have to respect it. Dude's been in the ring 300 times. Nobody can boast that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              In an odd way, you really have to respect it. Dude's been in the ring 300 times. Nobody can boast that.
              Haha true bro, although there are a few posters who have in ring experience of a different kind the man on man variety people like shontae birthmark, boxing goat etc guarantee they have been in over 300 rings 'butt' thats me being 'anaI' about it.

Comment

If anyone's looking for an interesting read on this side of the boxing business I recommend Journeymen by Mark Turley. He gives a chapter each to many of the more notable journeyman boxers on the scene in the UK, including guys like Daniel Greaves, Jody Meikle and Max Maxwell. Laight gets a chapter as well and gets credited as being the one who's mastered journeymanship. He's made the practice of losing fights without taking any damage into an artform. Turley wrote an article to go along with the release of his book where Laight gets mentioned:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...e-to-lose.html

He attributes this quote to him:

“I want the other guy to get wild.” Kristian explained. “Then he telegraphs everything and I see it all coming. So I’ll call him a *****, tell him he hits like a girl, anything I can think of. The ring is like my office. I go to work there. Most of the time it’s easy.”

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  If anyone's looking for an interesting read on this side of the boxing business I recommend Journeymen by Mark Turley. He gives a chapter each to many of the more notable journeyman boxers on the scene in the UK, including guys like Daniel Greaves, Jody Meikle and Max Maxwell. Laight gets a chapter as well and gets credited as being the one who's mastered journeymanship. He's made the practice of losing fights without taking any damage into an artform. Turley wrote an article to go along with the release of his book where Laight gets mentioned:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...e-to-lose.html

He attributes this quote to him:

“I want the other guy to get wild.” Kristian explained. “Then he telegraphs everything and I see it all coming. So I’ll call him a *****, tell him he hits like a girl, anything I can think of. The ring is like my office. I go to work there. Most of the time it’s easy.”
                  Wow. Just another day at the office. That's fascinating, man. I wonder how much money he's actually made over the years.

Comment

Working...
                  X