Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheriff explains why 'Stand Your Ground' shooter is not arrested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who pushes an old ass dude like that? He didn't even say anything. Just ran up to him and shoved his ass on the floor. F'n piece of **** deserved to get shot.

Parking in handicap spots then trying to punk senior citizens. Then when something bad happens to them they cry foul. Black people are a piece of work man.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      What's the difference? If the gun comes out and he backs away, then what is the point of shooting him? Shoot him because he retroactively pushed you...?
      I'm not defending the old guy. But at the same time you can't pull a gun to scare someone off. It's the first rule of CCW class.
      Sometimes it seems it would help but old dude would have gone to jail for pulling a gun and not shooting.
      Just one of those things.

Comment

Looked like murder to me. (Maybe manslaughter)

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          Looked like murder to me. (Maybe manslaughter)
          Not in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            Not in Florida.
            Yep. Even in Florida.

Just because he hasn’t (and may not) been charged for it. Doesn’t mean he was justified in what he did. Morally, that is.

Comment

Yep. Even in Florida.

Just because he hasn’t (and may not) been charged for it. Doesn’t mean he was justified in what he did. Morally, that is.
              Oh I thought we were talking about the law.

Comment

I'm not defending the old guy. But at the same time you can't pull a gun to scare someone off. It's the first rule of CCW class.
                Sometimes it seems it would help but old dude would have gone to jail for pulling a gun and not shooting.
                Just one of those things.
                I think I understand what you are saying. You're talking about the difference between brandishing and defending yourself, right?

But here's the thing. Certainly there have been cases where a person with a CCW has pulled the weapon and not fired. In this instance, the victim seems to retreat just before the gun is pulled, but even if that was too difficult to discern because it seems to be nearly simultaneous, the victim was clearly backing away and then turning before the shot was fired. I don't see how anyone is going to say that him firing the shot was justifiable in that situation. Let alone the fact that he was pushed away and the victim never approaches any further after the push.

It would seem to me that even if the gun was drawn properly, there has to be some judgement as to when the fired shot is justifiable. He was clearly in no imminent danger at the point that he fired the shot.
                Last edited by travestyny; 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Oh I thought we were talking about the law.
                  We are. Every other state, dude would have been brought up on charges. Apparently Florida has a huge shaded gray area when it comes to “stand your ground” and how it’s defined.

“He pushed me, so I shot him”

Jesus

And you’re wrong. You can pull a gun and not use it, there’s no crime in that.

Comment

We are. Every other state, dude would have been brought up on charges. Apparently Florida has a huge shaded gray area when it comes to “stand your ground” and how it’s defined.

“He pushed me, so I shot him”

Jesus

And you’re wrong. You can pull a gun and not use it, there’s no crime in that.
                    Have you been issued a CCW?

"If a gun or other weapon is drawn and displayed in such a manner as to intimidate, threaten or otherwise impress upon another person that deadly force is imminent, then that is brandishing. It's almost guaranteed that getting arrested or worse, convicted of it, will result in a person losing their concealed carry permit and possibly firearms priviledges."

Comment

Have you been issued a CCW?

"If a gun or other weapon is drawn and displayed in such a manner as to intimidate, threaten or otherwise impress upon another person that deadly force is imminent, then that is brandishing. It's almost guaranteed that getting arrested or worse, convicted of it, will result in a person losing their concealed carry permit and possibly firearms priviledges."

So you’re saying, if you pull your gun out, you “have to use it no matter what”?

That’s what you’re saying, right?

Guaranteed dude wouldn’t have got busted for “brandishing a firearm” in that situation.

it’s about context.

It was used in such a manner to diffuse a situation in which somebody felt threatened. (Even though dude created the whole situation himself). That my friend, is not brandishing. And even though he felt threatened, he still did not have to shoot a dude that no longer posed a threat.

What you sited would be, say for example, somebody cuts you off in traffic so you pull a gun on them to “intimidate, threaten or impress”. Dude hits on your old lady so you pull a gun to “intimidate, threaten or impress”

Basically, you can’t just arbitrarily pull out a gun on people.

No CCW but I’ve taken some gun classes as well as been around them all my life. I know enough to know that definitely ain’t “rule number 1” as you said. I also doubt you have a ccw too.

It’s all good though. You can interpret things however you like, really. Apparently dude deserved to die, right?
                      Last edited by -MEGA-; 07-21-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X