No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Dominates Gassiev To Unify WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    How generous of you lol. At this point, I think every credible list has to start...

1. Loma
    2. Usyk

I mean, I am a fan of big punchers, but GGG is past prime now. He's lost speed and power, and to generate close to the power he used to have, he has to wind up way bigger now and it becomes very predictable. He doesnt have the quick snappy punches with no fluff like he used to, that you need to be elite. I was watching his old fights the other day and it was so apparent when you compare side to side with his last few fights, GGG is so much slower.

So I think Loma and Usyk have to be above GGG. Who else is really in the conversation? Usyk and Loma are very similar to Crawford its just they do almost everything even better than Crawford does. They are like more refined more technical versions of Crawford, except Usyk is 50 pounds bigger than Crawford yet is just as fast, throws way more punches, has proven his chin more than Crawford has, and has fought and beaten much better opponents than Crawford has.

That's what it so messed up with so many P4P lists. They have Crawford #1 or #2 just because he's American, but on merit Usyk should be ahead based on anything you look at. There's not one category of consideration that you could put Crawford ahead of him. Usyk has the better resume in less fights, has beaten better fighters, has been equally dominant as Crawford, throws more and lands more but gets hit the same or less, was a better amateur, etc etc. So it presents a big problem where either people need to drop Crawford, or move Usyk up way higher, if they want their lists to make sense. But Ive seen many people havent done that.
    Nobody has Usyk that high because nobody overrates Usyks comp except his fans. You know...fans like you lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Nobody has Usyk that high because nobody overrates Usyks comp except his fans. You know...fans like you lmao.
      Change yuh name, bwoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        What happened to all of Murat's hair on his back from the last fight, lol.
        Valuev’s was thinning from taking roids so Murat donated his. It’s the Russian locks of love

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          He's got to be top5 P4P. I know Crawford did this at LWW but that was generally considered a weak 140 division whereas when the WBSS was announced everyone agreed that CW was one of the most competitive divisions.
          He’s definitely top 5 IMO, the fact he unified an entire division as the away fighter in every single fight is an incredible achievement in modern day boxing.
          I followed Usyk’s career closely as an amateur and I always expected big things but I never thought he’d have achieved something of this magnitude in only 15 fights.
          I think he causes BIG problems at HW also...

Comment

• Usyk showing the world that Ukraine 🇺🇦 is the boxing power culture in the world today.

Comment

• My P4P list

1.Loma
              2.Usyk
              3.GGG
              4.Crawford
              5. Spence

Usyk fought beautifully, got Murat looking confused. He was complaining to Sanchez that he could not adjust to him. Too complex, too slick, too busy, too fast hands and feet. The guys footwork and angles are a trademark of PapaChenko.

The history is made, the dude was born on the same month and day as Ali, gets his trophy �� , the future is HW.

Enjoy the win ROAD WARRIOR!
              Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 07-22-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• If Usyk moves to HW, he should go through the WBO route.

If a WBO champion moves up in weight, they can request to be mandatory to the title, so he could force himself to a big money fight with Joshua and deny the chance to be avoided by Joshua and his team.

He should fight Bellew to only make even bigger the Joshua fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  He’s definitely top 5 IMO, the fact he unified an entire division as the away fighter in every single fight is an incredible achievement in modern day boxing.
                  I followed Usyk’s career closely as an amateur and I always expected big things but I never thought he’d have achieved something of this magnitude in only 15 fights.
                  I think he causes BIG problems at HW also...
                  You do realize he unified arguably one of the weakest divisions in boxing history right?

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    You do realize he unified arguably one of the weakest divisions in boxing history right?
                    That's a bold statement, man. How does one go about proving something like that anyway? Is this, like, one of those 'eye test' things?

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      If he was named Oscar Umberto and from Tijuana, you'd be sucking him dry you ****ing no value phagg0t

Comment

Working...
                      X