No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Toronto is ridiculous. They’re trading Derozan for a one year lease of Kawhi.

Toronto has almost no chance to keep him. Unless he is a big Drake fan and they can get Drake to sell the team to Kawhi.
    Toronto likes Shai Alexander. If the Raptors feel they are unable to reach the finals, watch the Clippers possibly acquire him at the Deadline

Comment

• Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
      Toronto likes Shai Alexander. If the Raptors feel they are unable to reach the finals, watch the Clippers possibly acquire him at the Deadline
      Doesn’t matter Derozan was the only star quality player that was willing to stay and build in Toronto.
      He was willing to retire there when most NBA players won’t even consider going to Canada in free agency.
      Toronto just sent themselves to the lottery with this move because Kawhi is gone after this season.
      The reason why OKC was able to keep PG13 is because he has the type of small town personality to play in OKC. His favorite hobby besides basketball is fishing.
      Kawhi wants to play in a big US market bad.

Comment

• Unless Toronto wins it all this year, they just gave away a perennial all-star, an all-NBA player, to get Kawhi for one season. Kawhi doesn't want to play in freaking Toronto. No offense to Toronto, but Kawhi don't want to play there. Technically Toronto is a big market, but it isn't in the U.S. Very few of their games are televised, and on top of that Toronto has actual seasons, e.g. a winter. San Antonio has a more comfortable climate, as does L.A.

I have no idea how the Spurs actually got DeRozan for a guy who demanded a trade, and already told the entire world he would leave in free agency next year anyway. A healthy Kawhi Leonard is better than DeRozan, but its not enough to win it all. And I don't see Kawhi staying. If he had went to Boston, Philly, the Clippers he very well might've stayed. But he is leaving the Raptors after one season. And Toronto just gave away the only all-NBA player that ever wanted to stay with Toronto for the rest of his career.

Kawhi didn't even play last year. So, the Spurs have the same team as last year, except they added DeRozan. The Spurs are better than they were last year, and will be for years to come. Toronto will be slightly better for one season and then be much worse for years to come. San Antonio will be able to make a good pitch for top free agents next year and the next.

They were already a playoff team, and now with DeRozan Pop could convince an all-NBA player they can win it all. Kyrie Irving and Demarcus Cousins are going to be free agents next year. Throw one of them on this Spurs team and they will be competing against the Lakers and the Warriors.

Comment

• Spurs made out with that deal.

Comment

• And since DeRozen didn't force the trade, I will continue being his fan. I hope he does well with the Spurs. ***** whoever made this decision for the Raptors. I he gets fired when Kawhi leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              And since DeRozen didn't force the trade, I will continue being his fan. I hope he does well with the Spurs. ***** whoever made this decision for the Raptors. I he gets fired when Kawhi leaves.
              Oh he is leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                Toronto is ridiculous. They’re trading Derozan for a one year lease of Kawhi.

Toronto has almost no chance to keep him. Unless he is a big Drake fan and they can get Drake to sell the team to Kawhi.
                Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                Unless Toronto wins it all this year, they just gave away a perennial all-star, an all-NBA player, to get Kawhi for one season. Kawhi doesn't want to play in freaking Toronto. No offense to Toronto, but Kawhi don't want to play there. Technically Toronto is a big market, but it isn't in the U.S. Very few of their games are televised, and on top of that Toronto has actual seasons, e.g. a winter. San Antonio has a more comfortable climate, as does L.A.

I have no idea how the Spurs actually got DeRozan for a guy who demanded a trade, and already told the entire world he would leave in free agency next year anyway. A healthy Kawhi Leonard is better than DeRozan, but its not enough to win it all. And I don't see Kawhi staying. If he had went to Boston, Philly, the Clippers he very well might've stayed. But he is leaving the Raptors after one season. And Toronto just gave away the only all-NBA player that ever wanted to stay with Toronto for the rest of his career.

Kawhi didn't even play last year. So, the Spurs have the same team as last year, except they added DeRozan. The Spurs are better than they were last year, and will be for years to come. Toronto will be slightly better for one season and then be much worse for years to come. San Antonio will be able to make a good pitch for top free agents next year and the next.

They were already a playoff team, and now with DeRozan Pop could convince an all-NBA player they can win it all. Kyrie Irving and Demarcus Cousins are going to be free agents next year. Throw one of them on this Spurs team and they will be competing against the Lakers and the Warriors.
                Originally posted by TBear View Post
                Spurs made out with that deal.
                Kawhi is going to LA next year, he's said so. i think the Gm of the Raptors thought they'd gone as far as they could go with the same team. after Kawhi splits the Raptors will get a good draft pick when they finish near the bottom of the division, and the rest of the team isn't bad, there are a couple young guys that look like potential for the future. i think the manager wanted to save his job for this year and renting Kawhi is probably the best way to do it

Comment

• They better fire Masai Ujuri.

Comment

• Kawhi really doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer

Stay in SA and worst case scenario is that he gets a supermax or is a FA next summer

Now he's in Canada, his reputation is in tatters and it's potentially cost him tens of millions

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                      Kawhi really doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer

Stay in SA and worst case scenario is that he gets a supermax or is a FA next summer

Now he's in Canada, his reputation is in tatters and it's potentially cost him tens of millions
                      He is like Derrick Rose. Kinda ******ed.people thought they were humble cause they talked slowly, anyway I am glad they did'nt trade Valanciunas.

Comment

Working...
                      X