Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am glad Manny got a win and a stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course he didn't look like the prime Pacquiao. No boxer pushing 40 ever does. He isn't as bad as you are making him out to be. He would probably be the betting favorite to beat all but the top 3 or 4 welterweights. He could do even better at a more natural for him 140 pound weight class and have an excellent chance to beat any current 140 pound boxer. He has a net worth of 190 million so he doesn't need to fight for money. He continues to win over top guys like Bradley and Vargas not all that long ago and nobody who can score a fight thinks Horn beat him. He probably has a few more good fights left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      A couple things...i'm gonna be fair here and give my honest assessment of current Pacquiao.

Okay, i'm not a Pac fan at all, and Roy is my fave boxer of all time, but I don't think Tito and Matthysse are similar in the level of fighter they were at the time.

Tito Trinidad had 3 years off from boxing and had never had a fight above 160. The fight happened at 175lbs.

It's not close. At Least Matthysse had 2 fights at WW, 1 against a decent opponent Emmanuel Taylor, who Matthysse managed to KO, for Taylor's first KO loss. The important thing here is that Matthysse, although a paper champ, was active and was rated top 10 by The Ring and alphabet titles.

Lastly, if Pacquiao can feast on the Matthysse's, Vargas', Khan's and Danny Garcia's, I say go for it. That would be a lot better than what Roy was fighting, like Omar Sheika, Jeff Lacy, Anthony Hanshaw. It's not even close. If this is the best that a 39 year old Pac can do, that's not bad at all. Beating up on the lower top 10 WW's at 39 years old? Not bad. I'd say get that revenge on Horn in Vegas or Manila, then go after Khan or Garcia and end your career like that. All winnable fights. I'm gonna be completely honest, I thought he would UD Matthysse, I didn't think he had it in him to KD him twice and TKO him.
      You my friend are very objective. We need more like you. I remember reading this forum leading up to this fight and 70% of the comments I read here is how Matthyse is about to put Pac into a coma seeing how he is well past it. Now Manny KO the same guy who btw is an interim champion, not some off the street, MMA guy or cab driver, and all I hear is how the guy took a dive, hes shot, Manny is back on PED, he paid Matthyse to throw the fight etc.. it's just shameful.

Manny is not back and he is delusional if he thinks he is. There is no such thing at freaking 40 years old but the fact he can put on that kind of showing at 40 is a testament to his greatness and honestly, I looked at the top 10 welterweight, with the exception of top 2, I wont favor anyone over him. It's not like he is brutally getting ko'ed ala Roy Jones (my favorite by the way). The man has earned the right to go out how he wants to and you broke ass.es should stop worrying about his pocket.
      Last edited by whirlout; 07-15-2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

"I am glad Manny got a win and a stoppage" no you're not Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          roy was prime when he fought calzaghe. just ask a calzaghe fan. they will tell you how he beat 2 legends
          stay salty bro

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            Every time he fights I always wonder “why? Where did all his money go?”
            I don't understand.

I love Pac, but why the **** is he fighting

Comment

Working...
            X