No announcement yet.

Arranging meals for max energy, nutrition, metabolism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Nice sounds like your taking it seriously, and have it pretty well thought out.

You should add more sprints twice a week instead of long distance running, especially up hill sprints, that builds your whole body up and will teach your body how to recover when you deplete your oxygen.

Another tip, is I'd recommend adding some cottage cheese to your diet, right before you go to sleep. It's a great cheap slow absorbing protein, that will keep your metabolism moving, and help to keep you from burning muscle while you sleep.
    Damn, you're a pretty smart guy. Yes, sprints are needed. Right now, I just do interval training where I will run hard for the first & last quarter mile of each mile, then regular pace. Interval training in boxing is hitting heavy bag non stop for about a minute every 5 min., I go straight through for 15 min., no rests. So, I try to do interval training on each station: heavy, double end, speed bag, jump rope, shadow boxing (I tie a hand wrap from point to point and bob & weave under and punch it fast, straights & uppercuts, on it since it has good tension).

I will be getting my uppercut bag within the next week or two, so I am excited to add another 15 min. of hard work. I would like to do mitts, and body shield work with a friend, but he is not consistent. I will ask for sparring at my old gym once I hit 170 lb., which I hope will be by next Saturday. The goal is to hit 150-154 lb. in the next 7 weeks and go fight amateur bouts.

Finally, in terms of conditioning and plyometrics, I've been adding laterals, backwards, and skipping to post-run. Nothing crazy, just a few reps for maybe 100 ft each. I still need to add basic resistance workout like sit-ups, pushups, squats. These things, conditioning & plyometrics, will get sorted with time.

Comment

Working...
    X