Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime issuing Mass Refunds for mgregor PPV debacle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Idk wtf they were waiting for. The UFC need to do the same too.

Comment

Fook the UFC. They are cheap. No one cares about MMA outside of ufc. Showtime has made the UFC look like little boys this whole promotion.
      Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 08-29-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        They just lost money to 3+ million illegal viewers and now have to refund more money.

This fight didn't do as big as people expected.
        Keep dreaming

Comment

Dana White is probably yelling at the techie guys whom he paid large sums of money to. Those are the people to blame. They'll promise the world just to make easy bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            This is bound to happen.
            There's not even a test run available that would emulate people watching the fight at the same time in mass numbers.
            That's why Arum better be careful offering something that is untested.
            These techie guys would promise anything and make millions of dollars.
            These are the people that should be sued, if you ask me.
            Or at least demand some type of insurance, if they fail to deliver.
            Dana White himself was actually bragging the days and weeks before that fight about how they are way ahead of the times with their streaming service which is better then anybody elses and that they were more then equip to handle larger buys for this super fight. But his shyt crashed and his service was crippled as soon at the PPV went live and never recovered. I remember this happened years ago when HBO GO first came out. The True Detective season finale crippled the entire server. Embarrassing and folks couldn't use the entire app til the next day. But with a PPV event seeing it tomorrow is not an option. It's about as disastrous as it gets. Especially for the UFC who has so much wrapped up into UFC.tv
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 08-29-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Dana White himself was actually bragging the days and weeks before that fight about how they are way ahead of the times with their streaming service which is better then anybody elses and that they were more then equip to handle larger buys for this super fight. But his shyt crashed and his service was crippled as soon at the PPV went live and never recovered. I remember this happened years ago when HBO GO first came out. The True Detective season finale crippled the entire server. Embarrassing and folks couldn't use the entire app til the next day. But with a PPV event seeing it tomorrow is not an option. It's about as disastrous as it gets. Especially for the UFC who has so much wrapped up into UFC.tv
              Live events are entirely different from films already recorded.
              I don't think a lot of people would get pissed at not seeing a weekly tv series or film just because they were not able to see it at a scheduled date. They'll be more than willing to view it the next day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Live events are entirely different from films already recorded.
                I don't think a lot of people would get pissed at not seeing a weekly tv series or film just because they were not able to see it at a scheduled date. They'll be more than willing to view it the next day or two.
                exactly when it happened to HBO it was embarrassing and fans were laughing at them not demanding refunds. HBO fixed their app and have had much larger finales and episodes air and not dent their servers. But a PPV where you paying such a high upfront cost specifically to see it live waiting till tomorrow doesn't cut it. It's just funny after Dana White bumped his chest all last week and and weeks prior about how great UFC.tv is and puts other streams apps to shame. And this happens. WatchESPN and FOXSports and others have apps that stream live at much higher volumes and don't crash. Somebody at UFC phuked up and wasn't prepared. Going to cost them tens if not hundreds of millions. You figure if even just 100K of these streams were sold at $100 a pop that's 10M you have to refund. And I think there were far more then 100K cord cut PPVs sold on sat. The class act lawsuit is going to be ridiculous and is why Showtime after being served yesterday is out front trying to track down everyone and give refunds. UFC is behind on this and that's why they can't tweet out any without the comments turning into a angry mob.

Comment

the real question these millions that are tied up in refunds who's pocket does it come out of? Does Floyd and Mcgregor get paid based on the PPVs that were sold sat and then the refunds come out of Showtime/UFC own pockets? Or do the fighters only get paid on the total money that was generated AFTER the refunds given back are taken into a account.

Comment

Right before I bought my theater ticket, I was considering buying it on my SlingTV app. Glad I didn't, I'm sure it would have been a nightmare.

Comment

Well to be fair, unlike Showtime who is backed by CBS which is worth BILLIONS, UFC likely takes a big hit if they have to refund

Comment

Working...
                      X