No announcement yet.

Acceptable opponent for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable opponent for GGG

Alright so lets assume for a second that no credible 160 lbs fighter is willing to get in the ring with GGG. He strips canelo... and decides to take a fight at 168 until BJS or his replacement agrees to unify.

Who would be an acceptable fighter for him to make his debut at SMW. you can select multiple opponents.
    Abraham/Ramirez Winner
    16.07%
    Chunky
    14.29%
    Callum Smith/Hadillah Mohoumadi winner
    4.46%
    Anthony Dirrell
    8.93%
    Badou Jack
    14.29%
    Fedor Chudinov
    6.25%
    George Groves
    8.93%
    Andre Dirrell
    13.39%
    None of them
    2.68%
    Ward Doe?
    10.71%

the only acceptable would be Degale, Badou jack would get battered, AA is old, and then a bunch of nobodies and as soon GGG gets in the ring with them they all will be BUMS.

Maybe the Dirrells

Comment

All of them. And why make your debut against a top 10 guy? Fight Periban as a tuneup or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
        Alright so lets assume for a second that no credible 160 lbs fighter is willing to get in the ring with GGG. He strips canelo... and decides to take a fight at 168 until BJS or his replacement agrees to unify.

Who would be an acceptable fighter for him to make his debut at SMW. you can select multiple opponents.
        Any of them would be acceptable. DeGale would be my first choice than Chudinov.

Comment

he should just go straight for a titlist otherwise there's scarcely any point in moving up. or froch. i guess chavez jr or hopkins would be excusable showcase fights (/cash grabs) if they weren't coming off a loss

but i mean why bother with callum smith when there are better prospects at 160? and the dirrell brothers at this point are no better than any random top 10 contender at 160 either
          Last edited by NEETzsche; 02-12-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Why do ya'll keep trying make the king of 160 move up? so all the little frauds can come out and play?

Comment

All are fine.

Comment

why even add ward we all know team ggg will fight all comers not named ward and they got 254 reasons why. they have to keep changing their excuse cause they constantly contradict themselves they change their reason depending which day of the week it is but we all know team ggg wont fight ward ragardless. even if ward stays active wins a few big fights gets his name back in the public we all know ggg wont fight him. there is no road that could lead to a ward fight no matter what team ggg has made it clear its not about money belts weight legacy nothing they wont even entertain it and we all know why. even tho this would be a complete mega fight and yes ggg fans it would be a mega fight after a fight or 2 from ward and both fighters would make alot of money but the point is team ggg has made it clear they wont fight ward regardless so having him on the list is pointless

so if were taking out the one fighter who would be favored against ggg off the list i think the obvious answer is canelo. since canelo is treating ggg like ggg treated ward i think the only thing ggg can really do is move up and fight some big names at 168. I mean i guess it depends who u ask a lot of people are perfectly content watching him destroy overmatched foes at 160 and i get it its his weight class as long as he fights the biggest names at 160 i totally get it.

but the reality is we all want to see ggg fight a fighter that has even a chance to make it even interesting and i think the only way to do that is fight bigger guys and move up to 168. its no different then mayweather and manny taking fights at 154. i can see why ggg fans get upset with the bashing of ggg and they think well hes trying to fight canelo there is nobody to fight its his mando i get it as a mayweather fan it seems like no matter who these guys pick to fight they cant win, but at the same time in my honest opinion i think team ggg is playing his fans for fools. they say its all about the belts but then they take a bunch of step aside fees instead of forcing purse bids then they keep fighting over matched fighters with a constant big fight next that never happens. Well see how it all plays out and i hate sounding bitter with ggg but him completely blowing off what in my opinion is the best fight boxing has to offer in ward ggg has left a bad taste in my mouth

Comment

Tyson Fury

Golovkin breaks his ribs and then KOs him with a leaping left hook to the jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    why even add ward we all know team ggg will fight all comers not named ward and they got 254 reasons why. they have to keep changing their excuse cause they constantly contradict themselves they change their reason depending which day of the week it is but we all know team ggg wont fight ward ragardless. even if ward stays active wins a few big fights gets his name back in the public we all know ggg wont fight him. there is no road that could lead to a ward fight no matter what team ggg has made it clear its not about money belts weight legacy nothing they wont even entertain it and we all know why. even tho this would be a complete mega fight and yes ggg fans it would be a mega fight after a fight or 2 from ward and both fighters would make alot of money but the point is team ggg has made it clear they wont fight ward regardless so having him on the list is pointless

so if were taking out the one fighter who would be favored against ggg off the list i think the obvious answer is canelo. since canelo is treating ggg like ggg treated ward i think the only thing ggg can really do is move up and fight some big names at 168. I mean i guess it depends who u ask a lot of people are perfectly content watching him destroy overmatched foes at 160 and i get it its his weight class as long as he fights the biggest names at 160 i totally get it.

but the reality is we all want to see ggg fight a fighter that has even a chance to make it even interesting and i think the only way to do that is fight bigger guys and move up to 168. its no different then mayweather and manny taking fights at 154. i can see why ggg fans get upset with the bashing of ggg and they think well hes trying to fight canelo there is nobody to fight its his mando i get it as a mayweather fan it seems like no matter who these guys pick to fight they cant win, but at the same time in my honest opinion i think team ggg is playing his fans for fools. they say its all about the belts but then they take a bunch of step aside fees instead of forcing purse bids then they keep fighting over matched fighters with a constant big fight next that never happens. Well see how it all plays out and i hate sounding bitter with ggg but him completely blowing off what in my opinion is the best fight boxing has to offer in ward ggg has left a bad taste in my mouth
                    GGG never gave the same treatment to Ward as Canelo is giving him. there are major differences in the two scenarios, i've argued that point to death so i wont get into it.

That being said i agree with you that Ward vs. GGG would have been a great fight, the reason i put "Ward Doe" option is because in so many cases no matter who the opponent mentioned there are posters who come back and say "well he is willing to fight Froch, Degale, Junior at 168 but not Word" in other words its a sarcastic option at this point in time because that fight isn't happening, but god i hope it does happen eventually if both keep winning.

Also the reason for this thread is just to put a few names out there to see how this community feels about other fighters in the higher weight class. some of these fights are very possible in the near future. I am 99% sure if GGG unifies 160 that he will move up to 168 and might try to accomplish the same thing and some of these fights could be a lot closer then we think.

Comment

Working...
                    X