Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Man Of Steel" Might Just Blow Past All Box Office Records Set To Date ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    I dont see the hype as movies like Dark Knight had....

The viral campaign that TDK had leading up to the premiere had the hype really buzzing for weeks before it came out. Then add Heath Ledger's passing in the mix and it exploded.

But I was also surprised The Avengers broke the record because I didn't think it had as much hype either.

I'am super excited for this movie though. Personally I really like Zach Snyder as a director. I thought he did a great job with Watchmen... it is just ashame he will have to stay within the PG-13 barrier for this.
    A lot more families went to watch Avengers than TDK trilogy.

Comment

It could but it's going to be hard.

On one hand it very well could because Superman is the easily identifiable superhero there is.

One the other hand while Superman is identifiable, most of his Villians aren't. The Joker is way more recognizable than General Zod or even Lex Luthor. When you have Batman and the Joker in a movie, it was bound to work.

IDK, this could really blow up big, the hype is really picking up steam, and Nolan and Snyder behind the movie gives it credibility and the cast is great.

I don't even like Superman but I'm attending the midnight showing. I think it will definitely be the best movie of the summer and possibly one of the best movies to be released this year, but breaking records, I just don't know. It's possible once again simply because of how popular Superman as a character is.

Comment

Originally posted by #YOLO View Post
        A lot more families went to watch Avengers than TDK trilogy.
        That's because The Avenger is more family friendly, plus they'd been building up hype for the movie over the course of Ironman 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain American. But I don't think it was a better movie than TDKR.

A lot of Superman movies and remakes have been duds, Man of Steel while it seems to be represented by credible movie makers and good actors, it's a risky movie to put out because of past failure and that there's been so many Superman films.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          i think it'll crack a billion worldwide, but it won't get close to avatar money.

it actually didn't. it made a ****load of money because of the assembling of all those heroes, but I saw it three times and was totally disappointed. same with iron man 3.

looking forward to guardians of the galaxy though. i heard that benicio del toro just signed on to play thanos. possibly.
          I'm hoping it comes close to Avatar at least.

Disappointed? You might be a serious comic book fan and were expecting a different storyline perhaps? I was into comic books in my pre-pube days, and am simply grateful that today's Special FX technology has made it possible to be able to produce any Marvel and DC character film that all fans can appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
            That's because The Avenger is more family friendly, plus they'd been building up hype for the movie over the course of Ironman 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain American. But I don't think it was a better movie than TDKR.

A lot of Superman movies and remakes have been duds, Man of Steel while it seems to be represented by credible movie makers and good actors, it's a risky movie to put out because of past failure and that there's been so many Superman films.
            I stopped watching the Superman films after they cast Richard Pryor in part 3. Starting that one, I feel it went downhill. Same with Batman. After BM Forever, that was it for me until BM Begins.

Comment

The Avengers was a shit movie, I don't care if this one outsells that crap, as long as we get a good Superman movie I'm peachy.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                I'm hoping it comes close to Avatar at least.

Disappointed? You might be a serious comic book fan and were expecting a different storyline perhaps? I was into comic books in my pre-pube days, and am simply grateful that today's Special FX technology has made it possible to be able to produce any Marvel and DC character film that all fans can appreciate.
                the hype didn't meet my expectations. it was just another alien invasion movie with superheroes instead of an army.

Comment

There have been so many Superman duds that just the fact that this movie seems like it will be good is turning interest into frenzy. I will be seeing it.............3 weeks after it comes out lol. So I can enjoy it in an empty movie theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                    If you guys don't stop watching all these trailers and featurettes it's going to ruin the movie.

I'm staying away until I can watch it on imax with no baggage and no expectations
                    I'm doing the same. I'm not a Superman fan, but Snyder and Nolan being involved is enough to pique my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      There have been so many Superman duds that just the fact that this movie seems like it will be good is turning interest into frenzy. I will be seeing it.............3 weeks after it comes out lol. So I can enjoy it in an empty movie theatre.
                      Damn, 3 weeks would be a long wait. You're bound to see and hear the spoilers before you ever get to watch it. I despise that.

I think catching an early matinee might be a better idea. Although most folks are at work, it won't be as packed as the late afternoon or evening showings.

Only other concern might be watching it amongst the teens who are out of school by that time and flocking the theaters in droves.

Comment

Working...
                      X