Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Arum puts Pacquiao in with a dangerous guy like Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac is all wrong for Rios. This fight ends in brutal manner with Rios laying uncouncious on the canvas. No way a face first brawler guy beats pac.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      we know he is using Pacquiao as a gatekeeper, if this is Pac's next opponent for April, Pacman will get knocked out pretty bad again. Bob Arum needs to transfer the draw power to Rios, he knows Pacman is already done and this fight is going to cause Pacman some serious brain damage, as slow as Margarito was and he was able to hit Pacman, Rios is faster than Margarito and more relentless.

Rios is a huge guy who drains himself just to make 140, he has power, and if he fights at 147 he won't have to cut too much weight helping his stamina and he has an iron chin.

Pacman will get hit hard in this fight, the only way he can win is if he can some how upset Rios and Arum's plan backfires like Roberto Duran did to Davey Moore which Arum also promoted.

The best fight to do is a rematch with Timothy Bradley, Marquez should just retire on cloud 9.

Pacman should rematch Bradley and than Arum should try to make the Mayweather fight and cash Pacman out in September to get whatever little money is left of that fight.
      I'd green you if I could. That is all spot on.

Comment

Pacman doesn't have any defense either, this fight should be an easy fight for Rios. Pacman doesn't have the legs he used to have either.
        you can't possibly be serious. Manny is no wizard on defense but he thrives on these types of punching bags. Styles make fights, and Manny will be looking to prove something. Rios is the perfect guy to prove it against; he'll be standing there to be hit all night.

Comment

Stupid ass comment, force him to come up in weight? LMAO as opposed to having him drained and weakened at 140? That will be a FORCE that Rios will love to be forced to do lol to fight at 147.

Rios is a huge guy and the move in weight will help him and his stamina and his energy.
          yeah and I'm sure he'll be much faster too...gtfo. Rios will get his head taken off his shoulders. Only way I see Manny losing this is if he doesn't use his legs. Judging be the way he moved against Marquez, while he was still awake, the legs are still there. Maybe not what they used to be but they are there.
          Last edited by p4p-champ; 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            This quote sums it up for me:

"JM: Right. There is no point in it to me. But at the same time, it's one of those situations where they can still make good money because of the history of their fights; they can still make good money. And maybe now they don't want to take a risk of Pacquiao fighting anybody else that maybe can derail this series with Marquez and make him want to retire all together. The most money on the table for Pacquiao is going to be Marquez now because nobody wanna see him fight Floyd anymore. The *******s, or whatever they call themselves, PacManiacs, of course they gonna want him to fight Floyd
            if he got knocked out again and again. That's how stupid they are. At the end of the day, the value of the fight is gone, so stop talking about what Pacquiao can do and Pacquiao this and that. Floyd fought Marquez off of almost a two year layoff and played with him like he was in high school. And not to say just because he did that to Marquez, because styles make fights, but at the same time, what people fail to realize is this, Pacquiao got beat by Marquez because Marquez is a counter puncher. And Floyd is probably two or three times better than Marquez at that job. Even Freddie Roach said, "Oh, he has trouble with counter punchers." If he has trouble with counter punchers, what the hell is he gonna have with Floyd, the best counter puncher in the world? It's asinine. He just has his fans that are diehard fans, just like I still know fans today that don't believe that Mike Tyson ever lost a fight. Even though we saw him on the canvas more than once, but because they are diehard fans, they just don't believe it, and that's what we are seeing with Pacquiao. He has those type of fans that, no matter what happens to him, they are still gonna be his fans and they still think he is gonna have a chance to beat whoever. But I mean, it's over with. That whole thing is over with because the one thing that his fans and everyone else have seen in this, even his true fans, they've seen that since the Margarito fight, Pacquiao has been on the decline. You saw the decline in Pacquiao with the Bradley fight and with the third Marquez fight and the Shane Mosley fight. Every fight after that Margarito fight was nothing. It was nothing to even be excited about anymore. It's one of those things where you can actually see it happening; leading up to this fight, you can see it happening. But just because Marquez had never even dropped Pacquiao leading up into this fight, you couldn't prepare yourself for what was going to happen. But at the same time, the decline of Pacquiao has been evident. It's shown itself 3 or 4 fights ago; it showed itself. And in my opinion, this fight exposed him for what he really is now. He's not the same fighter and he hasn't been the same fighter for a long time."

~Jeff Mayweather~
            Jeff Mayweather is right, ever since that Margarito fight you could see the decline, I saw it in the Clottey fight actually. The legs are the first thing to go, and a prime Pacman would have never got caught on the ropes or hit that much by someone as slow as Margarito.

Comment

SMH

I predicted that Marquez would knock Pacquiao out, Rios is DANGEROUS. What are you guys watching? HAve you seen slow ass Margarito hit Manny multiple times and walk him down? Pacman is no longer the same guy and his chin is weak now it's been cracked.

Rios hits hard, has an iron chin, and is relentless.

Its over for Pacman that fight is too tough for him, everyone ****ting on Rios have no clue about boxing. Not every boxer has to be slick or fast, a lot of the greats are sluggish brawlers or relentless guys like Rios.
              Rios sucks against boxers that move around, Pac moves around a fair amount. Pac punches much faster than Rios does and his straighter punches would counter in between Rios' wide punches all night long (or fight long).

Brandon's face would be a bloody mess by the end of round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                yeah and I'm sure he'll be much faster too...gtfo. Rios will get his head taken off his shoulders. Only way I see Manny losing this is if he doesn't use his legs. Judging be the way he moved against Marquez, while he was still awake, the legs are still there. Maybe not what they used to be but they are there.
                Now I want this fight to happen because of fools like you, I love proving you clowns wrong.

I am pretty accurate with my predictions, just like I said Marquez would KO Pacqiuao and that was from watching that right hand sparring knockdown video.

I said he would use the same right hand to knock him cold and it happened.

And qoute me here, Rios will destroy Pacquiao.

PAcman no longer has his feet dude, his feet are no longer fast if you know boxing like Jeff Mayweather does even he said Pacman has declined since the Margarito fight.

If a slow ass snail like MArgarito can hit Pacman like that what can a 5 foot 9 hungrier, younger, more relentless guy like rios do? especially to a Pacman with a glass chin and shot legs?

Comment

Jeff Mayweather is right, ever since that Margarito fight you could see the decline, I saw it in the Clottey fight actually. The legs are the first thing to go, and a prime Pacman would have never got caught on the ropes or hit that much by someone as slow as Margarito.
                  What allowed Manny to be so successful were those blazing furious fists, but if you can't hit your target before getting creamed you're toast. Same thing happened to Roy Jones when he lost his reflexes, he became nothing more than a target for his opponents to abuse, and the only thing keeping him fighting is pride. Manny needs to ask himself if his pride is worth that much, because he'll always make money, just not as a prizefighter.

I always wonder what it feels like to retire young and still have so much life left ahead? Maybe there's a part of a fighter that think he should continue because work careers should last at least a lifetime?

Comment

Now I want this fight to happen because of fools like you, I love proving you clowns wrong.

I am pretty accurate with my predictions, just like I said Marquez would KO Pacqiuao and that was from watching that right hand sparring knockdown video.

I said he would use the same right hand to knock him cold and it happened.

And qoute me here, Rios will destroy Pacquiao.

PAcman no longer has his feet dude, his feet are no longer fast if you know boxing like Jeff Mayweather does even he said Pacman has declined since the Margarito fight.

If a slow ass snail like MArgarito can hit Pacman like that what can a 5 foot 9 hungrier, younger, more relentless guy like rios do? especially to a Pacman with a glass chin and shot legs?
                    I'm no fan of Pacquiao but to say he has a glass chin is a little extreme. Has he declined? Absolutely, the majority start once they hit their mid thirties. But I didn't see a statue facing Marquez on December 8th in fact, i saw a better version of Manny than the one facing Bradley, if you could believe that.

Comment

Rios sucks though what Manny needs to do is rematch Bradley more credible fight then a guy who lost to ****ing Abril

Comment

Working...
                      X