Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When ranking fighters, do you go by OFFICIAL decisions or who you think won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a dumb question

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      agreed, Marquez beat Pacquiao and Pacquiao beat Bradley, boxing fans know.
      and may I add hatton beat mayweather/cortez

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        you may

Comment

I think it should depend on how a fighter performs, not necessarily whether they get the W or L.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            This is why i go by both
            Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            i think i go by a bit of both, but depends on situation. If underdog won close but controversial fight i will use that to rank him a bit higher, but if the clear favorite won controversially i dotn use it to rank him higher.
            But if you go by both then you are beginning to use your human bias. If I were a Pacquiao fan, I could argue in the Marquez fight we go by Official Decisions, and in the Bradley fight, we all really know who won. It is not consistent, I am breaking my own rules to allow my guy to always win, and then I will rank accordingly.
            Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            What a dumb question
            Thought I had ******s ignored...

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think it should depend on how a fighter performs, not necessarily whether they get the W or L.
            But a boxer could perform better then expected and still lose a close one

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              DRUNK out yo damn mind

Comment

if the fight is close you have to credit the official decision to judges who put in reasonable cards

if it's a robbery you call it like you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  I only go by official decision. In 100 years, the history books will say L or W, and our opinions won't mean ****.
                  i agree with this post 100% eventhough most thought JMM beat pac once or twice the official line says JMM lost to pac twice. and for all those that say pac beat tim so they dont consider tim the champ, did you say that about the last pac v JMM? because MOST thought JMM beat pac. the crowd even boo'd pac when the decision was read. and some of the pac fans posted " the judges say pac won and they do this for a living not just posting their opinions so we go by what the judges say" how ironic those statements are now that the judges gave the nod to tim over pac.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    For all you know between now and then erroneous decisions will be reviewed and corrected.
                    But then they'll be official so we should just go off the offical decisions

Comment

I try to keep my bias for my favorire fighters under controll and go by who I think won since my rankings don't have any effect on anything anyway. If I headed a boxing organization like the WBA or a magazine like Ring that would be different and I would have to take the official decision into account. I noticed Ring did not lower Pacquiao or raise Bradley in their rankings after Bradley's win over Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X