Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather a welter just beat another top jr middleweight 15 plus pound advantage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Why is this even an issue?

Floyd won clearly either way.
    Exactly. Many were betting on a Cotto win to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Why is this even an issue?

Floyd won clearly either way.
      Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      Exactly. Many were betting on a Cotto win to begin with.
      Because the ts is trying to tell us Cotto had this huge size advantage over Floyd and in the marketing of the fight we were told that Cotto was this big natural 154lber which simply isnt true. No one other than the most die hard Cotto fans gave him any chance at all. This was supposed to be like Mayweather Gatti or at best Mayweather Hatton. The idea that many thought Cotto would win is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        And weigh in 3 pound under the limit , you have never boxed have you lol .
        A 5'8" guy with that frame of muscles i think he hydrates quite well just like Cotto who is only 5'7", I don't think there's a large difference between the two, 5-6lbs are believable, 15-20lbs. you are far reaching...

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
          You dont believe floyd hand was injured? I can believe it. Its been a big problem for him for most of his career.
          for a guy with a busted hand he didnt have any problems throwin uppercuts with it or show any pain when it landed repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            What did cotto do that hatton(half his size) didnt?
            Hatton started falling apart trying to bully Floyd... Cotto was strong throughout the fight but I get your point.

To me it looked like Floyd tried to start standing his ground and banging... He was able to do it very little but on the ropes he was able to gain leverage to land some harder shots on Miguel...

What Floyd was finally able to do in the 12th round, he was trying to do in the 8th and 9th round but Miguel wasn't having it.

Comment

no disadvantage at all. cotto is a natural 147lb-er... im thinking the difference was no more than 7-8 pounds on fight night... floyd @ 150; cotto @ 158. i could be wrong though.

and what ever "disadvantage" floyd had was matched with his "advantage" of speed.

either way, great fight for floyd, and im sure he won alot of fans that night...

for once, it was a GOOD night for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Floyd only gained a lot of weight for Marquez according to Pacquiaos fans. They said Floyd was close to or 160 for the Marquez fight, but Floyd didn't gain that much MOVING UP against Dlh and Cotto. #Hypocrites
                Its amusing seeing these cheerleaders go out of their way to desperately try and discredit Floyd at all cost.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Its amusing seeing these cheerleaders go out of their way to desperately try and discredit Floyd at all cost.
                  rofl +1 this.

Floyd and Cotto were of similar size.... If you are talking about shoulder breathe and length sure..

If you are talking about bone density you are talking out your ass. Cotto clearly had atleast 10lbs on him. He's built like a pitbull stocky and solid.

Comment

Mayweather been out weighed by most of his opponents...MOST OF HIS CAREER!

Comment

I thought cotto looked quite a bit bigger, like steward said cotto is thicker set than mayweather 148-9ish cotto 160-3ish Id say.

Comment

Working...
                      X