Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley "If I Lose To Amir Khan I'm Out Of Mayweather / Pacquiao Sweepstakes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Refreshing to see someone that doesn't actually endorse the "Great ducking business move" of Bradley, like you said that fight would have told us who the number 1 was at 140. And Bradley would have ride to 147 as the man at 140. He did the calling out, set the date, got the contract then ran, first we were told he had managerial issues, then promotional issues, then it was a great business move, then the man himself came and and told the true about not wanting to lose. Fair enough but ducking is still ducking and whether is career went on to bigger and better things it didn't change the fact that he ducked a fight that he called for.
    With me it's like this:

Promotional/network issues between you and the company of the other fighter. Okay, not a duck.

You outright say no to a fight that will settle who the best at your weight class is, you could make the fight, everything is in order...then...you say no 'cause if you lose then you won't get the big money fight in the near future. DUCK.

For example if Garcia calls out Bradley and he says no. He doesn't even have to explain why not, we all know GBP/Haymon vs TR will prevent most fights from happening. This would not be a duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      There was a bit more than $1mill on the table for Bradley. I believe it was $1.4 mill. $400k more is $400k. It was $1.4mill, and a chance to get the Ring title and leave to 147 to fight Pacquiao. Instead he decided to fight Casamayor for $1.3mill then Pac for $5mill. Good business move? Sure, if you're Bradley himself, Bradley's wife or Bradley's kids. A boxing fan? F-ck do you care if Bradley made a good business move. At the time I was a TB fan and wanted to see him win that Ring title at 140 and then leave. He didn't think he could do it.
      The above is incorrect, it should read ''He was not certain that he could do it''. Acknowledging the risk in a particular course of action, does not indicate that the person believes themselves incapable of completing said course of action.

Bradley did duck Khan, he made a pragmatic decision that in all honesty I would have made. If a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight was just around the corner for me, a fight with Khan would have to wait. If I was in Bradley's shoes my mindset would be ''If Khan keeps winning I can always fight him after I face Pacquiao or Mayweather, win or lose, I could even demand a larger slice of a pie''. As a boxing fan it is frustrating, more so because Khan got knocked out against Garcia, had he collected the win as predicted there would still be a lot of hype surrounding a Bradley v Khan match up... then again it could end up turning into the Pac v May wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Yeah because by some peoples logic "Timothy Bradley Ducked Amir Khan To Fight...Manny Pacquiao?" yeah clearly Bradley took the easier path fighting Pacquiao, Provodnikov and JMM since signing with Top Rank *Sarcasm* HAHAHAHA
        Do you even understand the situation?

He didn't duck Khan to fight Pacquiao. He ducked Khan to sideline himself for a long time and come back to fight Casamayor to not ruin his chances at Pac.

You are making it look like "Oh i'm Tim Bradley and i'm gonna go ahead and pick Pacquiao over Khan right now." It wasn't like that at all, he had plenty of time to get a fight between Alexander and Pacquiao. He sat himself out in fear of taking on Khan and losing out on $5mill.

It's the principle of the subject. The reason he gave why he decided to duck Khan. It means nothing to you as a boxing fan, maybe you benefited from this business move and I am happy for you if you did. Please take me out to Red Lobster with the pay check you received from "The Bradley Brand" for his outstanding business move.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
          I think his mental state was just fine.He got exactly what he wanted. How can someone with any sense say Bradley was scared to fight Khan, but gladly got into the ring with Pacquiao and Marquez? I don't really know why people come on this forum and pretend like they've never heard of the word "business". I could see if he took a fight with a lesser name for less money, but he didn't. People can say Bradley "ducked" Khan all they want, but look where the two fighters are right now. Fighters get labeled "scared" or "duckers" because they make decisions that are best for THEM.
          He was obviously concerned about fighting Khan, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned potentially missing out on the Mayweather or Pacquiao sweepstakes. I also think people need to understand that fighting future hall of famers who are the top draws in the sport, doesn't exactly display the height of bravery seen in the sport. People keep saying ''He fought Pacquiao" as though it means he is incapable of a duck, however they need to understand the consequences of losing to Pacquiao are less severe than the consequences of losing to Khan. Simpler way of putting it is Pacquiao is high risk very high reward; Khan was medium risk medium reward.

Comment

With me it's like this:

Promotional/network issues between you and the company of the other fighter. Okay, not a duck.

You outright say no to a fight that will settle who the best at your weight class is, you could make the fight, everything is in order...then...you say no 'cause if you lose then you won't get the big money fight in the near future. DUCK.

For example if Garcia calls out Bradley and he says no. He doesn't even have to explain why not, we all know GBP/Haymon vs TR will prevent most fights from happening. This would not be a duck.
            I have zero problems with fighters making business moves, and I also like you understand the business side of things, for me I respect Bradley for saying he ducked khan but can't give him credit for doing so like some are trying to on here with the "Look where they are now".

Comment

Do you even understand the situation?

He didn't duck Khan to fight Pacquiao. He ducked Khan to sideline himself for a long time and come back to fight Casamayor to not ruin his chances at Pac.

You are making it look like "Oh i'm Tim Bradley and i'm gonna go ahead and pick Pacquiao over Khan right now." It wasn't like that at all, he had plenty of time to get a fight between Alexander and Pacquiao. He sat himself out in fear of taking on Khan and losing out on $5mill.

It's the principle of the subject. The reason he gave why he decided to duck Khan. It means nothing to you as a boxing fan, maybe you benefited from this business move and I am happy for you if you did. Please take me out to Red Lobster with the pay check you received from "The Bradley Brand" for his outstanding business move.
              I understand the situation don't tell me that tell the others that, I am not the one that is claiming that Bradley ducked Khan I know the situation I know he was trying to get away from Gary Shaw and I also know that Amir Khan did not become BOLD in calling Bradley out until after he knew he couldn't fight while he was in the middle of a lawsuit with Shaw

Khan wasn't even mentioning Bradley when Bradley was Active...where was Khan after Bradley fought Peterson, Abregu and Alexander? Wasn't even mentioning Bradley at the time!

Ducking is what Khan recently did with Alexander, he wants the easiest way possible to Mayweather and clearly the guy has ZERO confidence in his chin that he would rather just sit around until May 2014 hoping that he is chosen to fight Mayweather
              Last edited by sicko; 10-26-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                I understand the situation don't tell me that tell the others that, I am not the one that is claiming that Bradley ducked Khan I know the situation I know he was trying to get away from Gary Shaw and I also know that Amir Khan did not become BOLD in calling Bradley out until after he knew he couldn't fight while he was in the middle of a lawsuit with Shaw

Khan wasn't not even mentioning Bradley when he was Active...where was Khan after Bradley fought Peterson, Abregu and Alexander? Wasn't even mentioning Bradley at the time!
                Finally somebody mentioned this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Finally somebody mentioned this.
                  I thought that was common knowledge though?
                  Everybody knows he was trying to leave Shaw.
                  Reminds me of Quillin who's all of a sudden calling out everybody on HBO.
                  I like how Khan was nice enough to,what....double the offer while Bradley was trying to break off his promoter.

Also to the people who're banging Bradley for fighting Casemayor...are you kidding me? Do you not know how Arum works?
                  Arum's not going to stick a guy the public don't know immediately against Pacquiao. Why the hell do you think he was the fight right before Pacquiao on Pac's PPV?
                  You gotta be kidding me if you didn't think he wasn't going to fight Pacquiao next.

What does Bradley get out of changing to Bob?
                  Better money
                  Better fights
                  Better promoter

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I thought that was common knowledge though?
                    Everybody knows he was trying to leave Shaw.
                    Reminds me of Quillin who's all of a sudden calling out everybody on HBO.
                    I like how Khan was nice enough to,what....double the offer while Bradley was trying to break off his promoter.

Also to the people who're banging Bradley for fighting Casemayor...are you kidding me? Do you not know how Arum works?
                    Arum's not going to stick a guy the public don't know immediately against Pacquiao. Why the hell do you think he was the fight right before Pacquiao on Pac's PPV?
                    You gotta be kidding me if you didn't think he wasn't going to fight Pacquiao next.

What does Bradley get out of changing to Bob?
                    Better money
                    Better fights
                    Better promoter
                    Stop using logic. Its against the rules on NSB.

Comment

• Stop running out there Khan.... Hmmm, oh wait he had a lawsuit with shaw, let add that to the list of excuses. He has a lawsuit but he was on TV with "Stop running out there Khan, fight me on my date July 23rd.. Yea that was some lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                      X