Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: All of The Questions on Danny Garcia Are About To Be Answered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Thurman has to do is to employ what Herrera did. He can easily do that, plus more. Most of Garcia's wins have been out of his opponents' carelessness. Herrera is the only one who fought smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      It does, he's proven that -- but I think this fight is a little different. Yeah he's the Vegas underdog, and probably slightly more people than not are probably leaning towards Keith, but I think the vast majority of true boxing people and fans see this as a 50/50 fight.

Against Khan and Lucas, Danny was an overwhelming underdog. He had nothing to lose in those fights.

He's not an overwhelming dog in this fight by any stretch of the imagination. If anything it's like 51/49 Keith.
      I agree. And it's only cause I see Thurman as more athletic. I see Danny as more talented. So it's roughly and even fight. I love both fighters so it's saddening for this to finally happen. But as a boxing fan this fight must happen.

Comment

There are questions about how good Garcia is??? The one who cleaned out the 140 lb. division? The guy with wins over Khan, Matthysse, Morales, Peterson and Holt?

Is he just keeping the title warm for Thurman who has beat Porter and... and, and... hmmmm, apparently no one else. Thurman is the question mark, not Garcia. Swift has been in many big fights and won them all. Thurman has been in one.

Apparently that is enough for this writer to pronounce Thurman as great and Garcia as an unknown. Fight enough tomato cans and you are great. Win a lot of close fights over elite opponents, and no one knows if you are any good or not.

Get out of here, this is an opinion piece, hyping up the tomato-can killing Thurman and degrading the perennial underdog who always finds a way to beat the #1 guy in his division. He will again tonight. Then next time Garcia is in another big fight, this writer will reword this article again. We said his fight with Morales, Holy, Khan, with Matthysse, and with Peterson would prove if Swift is for real or not. Then as soon as he wins, everyone has an excuse. Shut up, Garcia has proved over and over and over again he is an elite fighter and has never been afraid to fight the best. Thurman on the other hand, refused to fight anyone his whole career until Haymon made him face the talentless Porter. This fight will show if Thurman is just a hype job, we already know Garcia isn't.

Comment

Tell the truth, Danny is a Puerto rican, with black-ish mannerisms, he's beat the odds (khan, matthysse), he's undefeated, he's with Haymon....lets blame it on not liking his dad.....we KNOW why YALL really dont like him...

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
            There are questions about how good Garcia is??? The one who cleaned out the 140 lb. division? The guy with wins over Khan, Matthysse, Morales, Peterson and Holt?

Is he just keeping the title warm for Thurman who has beat Porter and... and, and... hmmmm, apparently no one else. Thurman is the question mark, not Garcia. Swift has been in many big fights and won them all. Thurman has been in one.

Apparently that is enough for this writer to pronounce Thurman as great and Garcia as an unknown. Fight enough tomato cans and you are great. Win a lot of close fights over elite opponents, and no one knows if you are any good or not.

Get out of here, this is an opinion piece, hyping up the tomato-can killing Thurman and degrading the perennial underdog who always finds a way to beat the #1 guy in his division. He will again tonight. Then next time Garcia is in another big fight, this writer will reword this article again. We said his fight with Morales, Holy, Khan, with Matthysse, and with Peterson would prove if Swift is for real or not. Then as soon as he wins, everyone has an excuse. Shut up, Garcia has proved over and over and over again he is an elite fighter and has never been afraid to fight the best. Thurman on the other hand, refused to fight anyone his whole career until Haymon made him face the talentless Porter. This fight will show if Thurman is just a hype job, we already know Garcia isn't.
            Yeah, wins over morales are really huge

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              Yeah, wins over morales are really huge
              Compared with the rest of his resume Morales one and two seem like nothing. Compared to Thurman's resume they are huge. Morales was top 10 both fights. Thurman has one fight against an opponent who was ranked in the top 10 in his division when he fought them. Literally, one.

Garcia has two over Morales alone!

Keep trying to insist the guy who always fights the number one contender and other top ten opponents has a poor resume. Anything to deflect attention from how Thurman has ran from any challenge his entire career, until last June. By the time Thurman faced his first top 10 opponent, Swift had about 10 such fights.

Just saying, Garcia's resume is much, much better than Keith "Please, please, please never mention the name Spence" Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
                I get the Khan and Matthysse fights because both fighters were still on their prime and both developed their careers around 140 #s. But Morales should not count since Erik success happened 10 years before (he actually was retired around 5 years) at feather and super feather weight.
                I wish people wouls stop looking at who they beat but also account for when they beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  That's always possible, but Garcia isn't known for his body punching ability either
                  Danny is one of the most dedicated body punchers in the sport. That is why that left hook opens up at the top

Comment

Garcia is gonna ride to the occasion again!

Keith gets too wide in exchanges and is open to hooks to the body when he leaps in, Danny will double him over with his underrated sneaky body work!

Guerrero buzzed Keith and I know Ghost don't hit as hard as Swift!

Danny just has to watch for the leaping jab and right hand and right hand set ups, also parry jabs coming his way and allow Keith to lead!

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                      It doesn't matter if danny wins or loses they won't ever give him the credit he deserves! Danny wasn't ever supposed to make it this far he has already over achieved!

I have to agree. I love Danny and really hope he can find a way to cut off Thurman. My fear is Thurman will run the whole fight like Mayweather. Let's hope not.

Comment

Working...
                      X