Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lipinets Suffers Hand Injury, Fight Against Garcia Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lipinets Suffers Hand Injury, Fight Against Garcia Postponed

Mikey Garcia will have to wait a little longer for his opportunity to become a world champion in a fourth weight class. According to multiple reports Wednesday, Garcia's junior welterweight title fight against IBF champion Sergey Lipinets has been postponed because Lipinets has suffered a hand injury during training camp. Lipinets' injury is considered minor, however, thus their 12-round, 140-pound title fight might not be delayed too long.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-17-2018, 01:06 PM.

Damn, I was really looking forward to this fight. whole card is cancelled. This is such BS.

PBC should have a replacement training just in case. They need to tighten the ship up. No reason to cancel a whole card.

Comment

thank god, im sure barthelemy will like to step in

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Damn, I was really looking forward to this fight. whole card is cancelled. This is such BS.

PBC should have a replacement training just in case. They need to tighten the ship up. No reason to cancel a whole card.
        its showtime not pbc. pbc barely exists anymore. and it says postponed unfortunately so the joke fight will just be rescheduled, and that means linares wont be available next probably oh well he got hte bums

Comment

Danm.. I hope Mikey finds someone else to fight relatively soon. Maybe after linares beats gesta they can talk about that

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            its showtime not pbc. pbc barely exists anymore. and it says postponed unfortunately so the joke fight will just be rescheduled, and that means linares wont be available next probably oh well he got hte bums
            Fat Dan said the whole show is cancelled. I don't care if its rescheduled. SHO/PBC or whoever should've had a fighter training just in case IMO. The next guy in the rankings should've been told to get prepared just in case.

I find this to be extremely unprofessional.

You are right, this will now delay the fights we want to see.

Comment

Fat Dan said the whole show is cancelled. I don't care if its rescheduled. SHO/PBC or whoever should've had a fighter training just in case IMO. The next guy in the rankings should've been told to get prepared just in case.

I find this to be extremely unprofessional.

You are right, this will now delay the fights we want to see.
              The fight in itself wasn't very appealing to fans to begin with, an injury is not unprofessional ,it is just party of the sport, and can you imagine if just the Garcia fight was cancelled but the card went ahead and BARTHELEMY vs RELIKH was the main???.. Or lipinets was replaced by luis jesus Vidaled????

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                The fight in itself wasn't very appealing to fans to begin with, an injury is not unprofessional ,it is just party of the sport, and can you imagine if just the Garcia fight was cancelled but the card went ahead and BARTHELEMY vs RELIKH was the main???.. Or lipinets was replaced by luis jesus Vidaled????
                Not the injury my man, the failure of SHO/PBC to have a replacement in training just in case.

Obviously, the card wouldn't be as appealing. While some were upset with the card, Lipinets is decent fighter and I thought this would be a good fight.

Comment

oh well I wasn't excited about this fight anyway. Mikey turned down Cotto, Linares, and Easter fight for a fight NOBODY was asking for against a paper champ.

Comment

Unfortunately boxing doesn't work that way. Nobody has a replacement in training just in case. That guy has expenses that would need covering, and makes no sense if he's not definitely going to be needed.

They can try to find a replacement now, but at the end of the day, it has to be someone that makes sense for all parties involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X