Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better, Rigo against Donaire or Loma against Russell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Loma looked better to me. He won ever round over Russell who has lightning fast hands and is a very good boxer. Nobody else could beat Russell as easily as Loma did. That was very impressive to me. It was more impressive than Rigo beating the smaller Donaire.
    Rigo will knock out Russell if they meet.

Comment

Gary Russell Jr isn't even the best at his weight class and never has been.

He's not a patch on Donaire. Never was, never will be.

You ask anybody what does Russell Jr do well? What is so good about him? Why do you hold him in such regard? All they can mention is his handspeed because he has nothing else.
      Poor punch technique, no ring I.Q, average power and an utterly disgraceful resume.

Even Jason Sosa has a better resume than Russell Jr at least he has wins over prime top 5 opponents.

Comment

Based on what?
        'The eye test'? He's not as skilled as Donaire its more flash than it is substance and their resumes aren't comparable.

Donaire 5-6 years removed from his prime no doubt still gives Russell Jr hell if not beats him.
        Timing beats speed.

5-6 years past his best and even now with one foot out the door he is still taking on better opposition than Gary Russell Jr.
        He's still fighting the killers at their peak and still giving them a thorough examination whilst GRJ gets praised merely for having great handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          It doesn't fit the agenda
          Nor does the fact Donaire was a natural flyweight. If Lomachenko had beaten Donaire it would be **** on and if Rigo outclassed Russell and Walters (who is better than Donaire) they would be praised.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            Agree Donaire was top 5 pfp at time.Just because he moved up and lost to larger Walters don't make Walters a better win for LOMA.
            I think Nonito was #4 at the time. Lots of people thought Rigo would get laid out, and I admit I was concerned when Guillermo mixed it up in the first four rounds of the fight. It turned out to be a near-whitewash. Dan Rafael, who hates Rigo, didn’t write flattering things about the fight, but I thought it was a pretty damn nice exhibition of boxing skill. 8/10, in terms of entertainment for me. Lomachenko-Russell didn’t come close.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Nor does the fact Donaire was a natural flyweight. If Lomachenko had beaten Donaire it would be **** on and if Rigo outclassed Russell and Walters (who is better than Donaire) they would be praised.

What if Rigo was beaten to a pulp by a more than a dozen losses shopworn Salido?
              Would Rigo of got a pass for taking a few lowblows like Loma did? And in fact got more praise than the guy who actually won the fight? Naa.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                What if Rigo was beaten to a pulp by a more than a dozen losses shopworn Salido?
                Would Rigo of got a pass for taking a few lowblows like Loma did? And in fact got more praise than the guy who actually won the fight? Naa.
                Who was beaten to a pulp by Salido?

I think if Rigo had lost a debatable decision in his 2nd fight to a guy that didn't make weight on purpose and landed multiple low blows but had him hanging on at the end he'd get some credit yes.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I think Nonito was #4 at the time. Lots of people thought Rigo would get laid out, and I admit I was concerned when Guillermo mixed it up in the first four rounds of the fight. It turned out to be a near-whitewash. Dan Rafael, who hates Rigo, didn’t write flattering things about the fight, but I thought it was a pretty damn nice exhibition of boxing skill. 8/10, in terms of entertainment for me. Lomachenko-Russell didn’t come close.
                  Yes the biggest prob I have with Dan R is the way he has gone out of his way to destroy this kids career.And rigo vs Donaire was real good fight I thought until ND quit takin chances.I think Dan was dropped on his head by a Cuban when he was kid.because he is same way with Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Who was beaten to a pulp by Salido?

I think if Rigo had lost a debatable decision in his 2nd fight to a guy that didn't make weight on purpose and landed multiple low blows but had him hanging on at the end he'd get some credit yes.

Rigo barely gets any credit even for breaking jaws and one punch K.Oing fools now. Hell he barely gets any credit for beating a top 3-4 P4P level fighter in only like his 10th pro fight.
                    He didn't get any credit for effortlessly schooling albeit a faded Agbeko who didn't win a minute or even second of any round.
                    Based on that I don't think he would get any credit. People would just use the 'he lost' excuse to add to calling him boring and such.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      Yes the biggest prob I have with Dan R is the way he has gone out of his way to destroy this kids career.And rigo vs Donaire was real good fight I thought until ND quit takin chances.I think Dan was dropped on his head by a Cuban when he was kid.because he is same way with Lara.
                      Lmao He does seem to have it out for Cubans, or at least certain Cubans. In all fairness, Rigo is infamous for being boring, and I hate watching Lara fight. But Dan was definitely off with the Donaire fight. I thought his bias really showed then.

Comment

Working...
                      X