Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers may trade #7 pick and Steve Nash to 76ers for Carter-Williams and T. Young???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers may trade #7 pick and Steve Nash to 76ers for Carter-Williams and T. Young???

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2...7_overall.html

I like this better than losing the pick for Klay Thompson, who'll be looking for a 10+ Million contract after next year anyways.

Gives Lakers some nice young players to build around, as well as some ready to go talent to be a little bit more competitive next year, without sacrificing cap space for 2015 when Love, Aldridge, Rondo, Gasol will be free agents.

Plus it wipes Steve Nash off the books.

seems the sixers are going with Exum, the Australian kid, who's probably the third best prospect this year, or 2nd, if everyone is afraid of embiid's injury. i think that's an unbelievably stupid trade from the sixers. mcw was just rookie of the year. If I'm them i take exum at 3 anyway and see how that backcourt shakes out. you can always trade one or the other, unless philly wants to draft exum and marcus smart, which wouldn't be bad, but i doubt smart falls to 7.

Comment

Looks like a stupid trade for the sixers

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
        seems the sixers are going with Exum, the Australian kid, who's probably the third best prospect this year, or 2nd, if everyone is afraid of embiid's injury. i think that's an unbelievably stupid trade from the sixers. mcw was just rookie of the year. If I'm them i take exum at 3 anyway and see how that backcourt shakes out. you can always trade one or the other, unless philly wants to draft exum and marcus smart, which wouldn't be bad, but i doubt smart falls to 7.
        But if the Sixers draft Exum, he plays 1 or 2. Michael Carter Williams already plays the point. I think Marcus Smart is on their radar, then possibly even Julius Randle at 10.

You'd basically have a new crew of Exum, Smart, and Randle right away.....

Thaddeus Young is a good role player, nothing more really. Michael Carter Williams is pretty good but not franchise changing.

Comment

Don't they have the 10th pick?That's 3 top 10 pics. Sheesh they are banking on this draft all the way.

Comment

lmfaaaoo why in the hell would the sixers do that?

they already have picks in this draft and carter-williams if they redid his draft would be a top5 pick.

why trade one of the best young point guards to come out of college and make a splash in the nba (a proven nba product now) for a unknown college player at #7 and steve nash's corpse?

and lol at the warriors overvaluing klay thompson.

klay is a glorified spot shooter. he cannot create his own shots and is basically a rich man's version of steve novak.

warriors are so stupid in not wanting to give up klay thompson for kevin love.

stupid stupid move.

classic case of teams overvaluing their own players. bulls did this for awhile with luol deng.

klay thompson = role player. maybe a #3 player at best.

Comment

Man MCW was given the green light to do whatever the hell he wanted on a terrible team. That's why his stats are so inflated. He is terrible on defense also.

It looks like they will try to trade up and get Wiggins now that Embiid has gotten hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                But if the Sixers draft Exum, he plays 1 or 2. Michael Carter Williams already plays the point. I think Marcus Smart is on their radar, then possibly even Julius Randle at 10.

You'd basically have a new crew of Exum, Smart, and Randle right away.....

Thaddeus Young is a good role player, nothing more really. Michael Carter Williams is pretty good but not franchise changing.
                Yeah, it does make sense from the Sixers point of view. Carter-Williams is a solid player, but not a fanchise guy and Exum can be a franchise player. Scouts have been drooling over Exum and he's dominated the international circuit everytime he's gotten the chance.

It's like when the Lakers traded Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel for nobody to let Kobe develop. They might be doing it a little early, but it makes sense

Comment

There is no way that is going to happen.

Comment

No fuk kin way

Comment

Working...
                    X