Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did your opinion change after watching the replay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    You're talking utter bollocks now. Keep claiming "Almost everyone around the world had Golovkin winning clearly" based on a few 1000 votes. If you go to Canelo's hometown and got a few thousand votes would that count as "everyone around the world" too?
    Ok. So we have established that you don't accept science.

Me, I do accept it.

I'm comfortable with my position.

Comment

Did they not use massive sample sizes and the predictions were wrong?
      You don't see the difference between a poll trying to predict an election and a poll asking for people's opinions on who won a fight? Sample sizes are impossible to get 100% right for predictions especially in such a weird anti-establishment year, whereas you literally need to stay away from Mexico and Kazakhstan to get a decent representation of overall opinion on the fight..

Comment

It's OK to be in the minority about something. I personally wouldn't call you dumb for disagreeing with me about who won. But, trying to disprove polls as meaningless because "y'know... Trump" and because it goes against your opinions.. doesn't make you look good

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
          I think this was a clear draw. If anything 7-5 Canelo.

I have no idea how Lederman could have given GGG the 1st and 10th rounds.
          I had Golovkin winning the first round after watching it very thoroughly and repeatedly. There's no way I could score that for Canelo. The tenth round I haven't got around to studying and I can't remember how I scored it as the fight was happening but I'm going to be checking that round out eventually. I'll be going over the whole fight thoroughly. So far I've only watched the first 4 rounds with a judicious eye. I'm trying to see what all the Canelo fans were seeing, but it's really hard to give him as much credit as some people are giving him on these boards. He didn't do bad, but he just wasn't winning the rounds like a few people say he was. I just think GGG won more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            Ok. So we have established that you don't accept science.

Me, I do accept it.

I'm comfortable with my position.
            Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
            You don't see the difference between a poll trying to predict an election and a poll asking for people's opinions on who won a fight? Sample sizes are impossible to get 100% right for predictions especially in such a weird anti-establishment year, whereas you literally need to stay away from Mexico and Kazakhstan to get a decent representation of overall opinion on the fight..
            In a poll for the greatest fighter of all time Pacquiao was voted #2, ahead of Ali. Does that represent the opinion of everyone around the world? 500k voted in the poll.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/sport...-greats/story/

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-24-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

It was a good fight. I watched it a couple times and thought GGG edged it. There was no dominance by either guy in the fight though, so a draw is fine.

Comment

In a poll for the greatest fighter of all time Pacquiao was voted #2, ahead of Ali. Does that represent the opinion of everyone around the world? 500k voted in the poll.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/sport...-greats/story/

Ok, here it is. Either you agree to forgo medical treatment for the rest of your life, or you stop being a tool.

You can't have it both ways. You either accept the statistical method, or you don't.

If you don't, then you refuse everything based on that method. That includes modern medicine.

So what is it going to be, champ? You going to join me in the real world, or are you gonna die an easily preventable medieval death?

Comment

Ok, here it is. Either you agree to forgo medical treatment for the rest of your life, or you stop being a tool.

You can't have it both ways. You either accept the statistical method, or you don't.

If you don't, then you refuse everything based on that method. That includes modern medicine.

So what is it going to be, champ? You going to join me in the real world, or are you gonna die an easily preventable medieval death?
                  So you accept Pacquiao is the 2nd greatest fighter of all time? A poll of 500k says he is.

Comment

So you accept Pacquiao is the 2nd greatest fighter of all time? A poll of 500k says he is.
                    That doesn't even make sense. At most, it is a poll of what people believe. It may accurately reflect what they believe.

Just because a lot of people believe it doesn't make it true.

So, are you gonna troll on this topic forever? It seems like a waste of time.

Comment

That doesn't even make sense. At most, it is a poll of what people believe. It may accurately reflect what they believe.

Just because a lot of people believe it doesn't make it true.

So, are you gonna troll on this topic forever? It seems like a waste of time.
                      So a poll of who won the Canelo-Golovkin fight isn't a poll on what they believe?

A poll of 500k said Pacquiao is the second greatest fighter of all time. Are you going to argue against science and your own damn argument?

Comment

Working...
                      X