Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gassiev Crushes Wlodarczyk in Three, Will Face Dorticos Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can wait for Dorticos vs Gassiev...it will be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Abel doesn´t get too much love on this site but he sure knows how to build an offensive fighter,there were a couple moments when Gassiev looked like a huge Golovkin. Diablo looked clueless, like he had zero game plan.
      Except that snappy left uppercut to the head followed by the snappy left hook to the body, thrown with enough speed in succession to get the shots home without getting countered or missing, is something GGG has not been able to do for two years (at the top level). You can see GGG is the naturally more skilled man compared to Gassiev, but Gassiev is in his prime, GGG is not. Which sucks, because Gassiev has the prime age, but not the top level skills, and GGG has the top level skills, but not the prime age. I wanted to see the total package (prime GGG) fight at the top level in his prime, while he was still the total package, and we never got to see that. Just another day of boxing screwing over the fans and its boxers.
      Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-22-2017, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
        I can wait for Dorticos vs Gassiev...it will be a blast.
        Looking forward to it

Comment

Lovely finish by Gassiev.

Dorticos vs Gassiev and Usyk vs Briedis sound real good. It gets real now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Except that snappy left uppercut to the head followed by the snappy left hook to the body, thrown with enough speed in succession to get the shots home without getting countered or missing, is something GGG has not been able to do for two years (at the top level). You can see GGG is the naturally more skilled man compared to Gassiev, but Gassiev is in his prime, GGG is not. Which sucks, because Gassiev has the prime age, but not the top level skills, and GGG has the top level skills, but not the prime age. I wanted to see the total package (prime GGG) fight at the top level in his prime, while he was still the total package, and we never got to see that. Just another day of boxing screwing over the fans and its boxers.
            Cheer up man, life doesn't stop. I feel as information travels better, there will be less and less boxers mistreated by promoters like GGG was at the start of his career in Germany. I think the great fights we have been getting lately is part of this trend. We the fight watching public have become more educated. We won't buy into empty hype anymore, with some notable but very limited exceptions. 10 years ago, with enough hype, Adonis Stevenson could have been considered P4P number 1. So I think Loma type careers will become the new norm. The future is bright!

Comment

Loving the WBSS tourney . Dorticos/Gassiev is a boxing fans dream and Eubank Jr/Groves should be fun . A shame we couldn't get a couple U.S fighters in there though . Either they didn't see the potential in it or was too much of a risk I guess .
              Last edited by Idunnoshet; 10-22-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                Loving the WBSS tourney . Dorticos/Gassiev is a boxing fans dream and Eubank Jr/Groves should be fun . A shame we couldn't get a couple U.S fighters in there though . Either they didn't see the potential in it or was too much of a risk I guess .
                They need to have a WBSS tourney for welterweight. Although they finally started facing each other last year, there are still great matchups to make.

Comment

Originally posted by a5pe4 View Post
                  They need to have a WBSS tourney for welterweight. Although they finally started facing each other last year, there are still great matchups to make.
                  WBSS for LHW would be better

Setevsnon/Alvarez
                  Bivol/Badou Jack
                  Gvozdyk/Barrera
                  Kovalev/Beterviev

Any of these fights would make a real boxing fan drool, plus there's no clear favorites in these matchups

And Spence would be the favorite to win WBSS at 147, so it's not as intriguing as 175

Comment

Working...
                  X