Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Listen to Teddy Atlas (full fight)- Atrocious or Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy is an entertainer.

Yes, he has lots of knowledge and he is a decent trainer.

But, on ESPN with a mike in his hand, he is an entertainer first and foremost.

And- NewsFlash!- the fact that we are talking about him now means mission accomplished.

Teddy has appeal to casual fans and enough insider knowledge for most die-hards...kinda like Madden was in football.

Hard to find that in our sport.

Fire him? He will probably ask for a raise and get it.

Comment

Atlas is always atrocious but his scoring of the fight was correct or maybe a bit generous to Horn in my opinion. He scored it 116 to 112. I had it 117 to 110. I gave Pacquiao 9 rounds and Horn 3 rounds and I scored round 9 10-8 for Pacqioao. I like Pacquiao but I am no huge fan of his. It's just that if you take away Horn's highly skilled dirty fighting and leave him with honest legal boxing skills he isn't very good at all. Pacquiao fought way sub par but he still won.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        What really disgusts me is Horn's arrogance after getting a gift.

Teddy Atlas, who was never really pro Pac, is suddenly all out biased towards him? Or maybe he loves boxing, and has the guts to keep it real?

More threads to justify Pac getting screwed...

I don't think it had anything to do with him turning from anti Pac to pro Pac. I think it had everything to do with that ESPN- Top Rank contract and they wanted the cash cow to have a spectacular performance. This fight showed that Atlas is not a wild card independent thinker at all, he was in fact bought off by the network! It's the only explanation for the level of bias he showed during this telecast

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          While I did have Manny ultimately winning in close but clear fashion -- Jeff fought his ass off and I give him all the credit in the world, the dude brought hell, was game as f**k, and came to win. Credit where credit is due. But I always prefer the fighter who lands the clearer, more precise shots. And that was Pacquiao. By a clear margin.

That all aside, yes, Atlas was atrocious. He basically called the entire fight from one side.
          Stole the words right out of my fingers. Completely and totally agree. What grinded my gears was how he sounded offended whenever Bradley tried to give Horn credit. Like Sheesh man what did the guy do to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            What really disgusts me is Horn's arrogance after getting a gift.

Teddy Atlas, who was never really pro Pac, is suddenly all out biased towards him? Or maybe he loves boxing, and has the guts to keep it real?

More threads to justify Pac getting screwed...

Correct. It was refreshing to hear a commentator give his honest opinion on the outcome of a fight. Atlas gave his honest opinion based on his knowledge of the sport. He had no axe to grind just telling it like it is. I mean look at both fighters. Horn's face was deformed from punches. Manny had cuts from head butts not punches. Manny clearly outlanded and they gave the fight to Horn. Horn is an aggressive young kid who received the nod because of biased judges in a biased venue. No big thing. It's the business of boxing. Rematch will bring more revenue to Brisbane and all inlvoved. Atlas knew it and wasn't afraid to let fans hear about it.

Comment

Horn won 4 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                Correct. It was refreshing to hear a commentator give his honest opinion on the outcome of a fight. Atlas gave his honest opinion based on his knowledge of the sport. He had no axe to grind just telling it like it is. I mean look at both fighters. Horn's face was deformed from punches. Manny had cuts from head butts not punches. Manny clearly outlanded and they gave the fight to Horn. Horn is an aggressive young kid who received the nod because of biased judges in a biased venue. No big thing. It's the business of boxing. Rematch will bring more revenue to Brisbane and all inlvoved. Atlas knew it and wasn't afraid to let fans hear about it.
                Why do Pac fans keep saying look at Horn's face? what exactly does that prove? That Horn got cut? Bruised? It's a boxing match your going to take some punches. But while your looking at Horn's face look at Manny's whole body, bruised all over!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                  Why do Pac fans keep saying look at Horn's face? what exactly does that prove? That Horn got cut? Bruised? It's a boxing match your going to take some punches. But while your looking at Horn's face look at Manny's whole body, bruised all over!
                  I'm not a PAC or Horn fan just a boxing fan. Horn was the only one hurt in the fight from legitimate strikes. Just an observation nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    I'm not a PAC or Horn fan just a boxing fan. Horn was the only one hurt in the fight from legitimate strikes. Just an observation nothing more.
                    How can you say manny never got hurt? He was tired, stumbling, flailing, bleeding, crying to the ref and ringside doctor, and looked like sh-t....PAC was thrown around the ring, roughed up, hit everywhere head and body, and sometimes even fouled....how in the midst of all that can you say he never got hurt, he was hurt from the very moment he signed this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                      How can you say manny never got hurt? He was tired, stumbling, flailing, bleeding, crying to the ref and ringside doctor, and looked like sh-t....PAC was thrown around the ring, roughed up, hit everywhere head and body, and sometimes even fouled....how in the midst of all that can you say he never got hurt, he was hurt from the very moment he signed this fight!
                      You're right, he was hurt but not by a legitimate strike. The head butts hurt him more than any punch. Horn did rough him up but not with boxing skills. All in all it was a pretty sloppy fight. I wasn't impressed with either one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X