No announcement yet.

Aaron Pico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Pico

Pico's skill has drawn comparisons to Jon Jones earning him monikers such as "Greatest MMA prospect," and "Prodigy.”
    This super prospect is finally turning pro on the June 24 Bellator PPV card. Should be must watch TV for MMA guys for this kid alone.

Apparently he's won a bunch of wrestling tournaments, won some boxing tournaments at the junior level (including a couple outstanding boxer of the tournament awards) & pankration bouts. He was the first teenager to make the US Olympic Trials in wrestling in 40 years & lost in a best of 3 match on a tiebreaker to a guy with a decade on him last year.

First opponent is a super solid opponent too. Apparently this guy is 8-2 (5 submissions, 1 KO) & fought for the RFA 155lb title in his last fight losing by 5 rd decision. The RFA is no UFC or Bellator obviously, but its a solid minor league organization that has many fighters recruited into the UFC & Bellator.

Should be interesting. Thoughts, opinions on this kid? And in particular if you've seen him wrestling or box previously I'd be curious of your take on him.

Think his true weight class is FW.

Comment

Those guys at AKA were right about Cain Velasquez when he was just getting started... not to mention Luke Rockhold.

The only real question is how's his chin, in live-action.

Comment

I'm just gonna stfu about MMA prospects. Sage's sister got stopped yesterday in her pro debut & Pico ate a uppercut that had him hurt & got choked the f#ck out in like 24 seconds in his pro debut lol.

Comment

Scott Coker just ate 4 boxes of ho ho's in like 7 minutes after his next great prospect got merked I bet.

Comment

Most insane Bellator ever.

F#cking ref got my man Chandler falling on his ass after he broke his ankle or whatever

Meathead & Fedor damn near had a double KO.

Also:

Comment

Pico dropped out of highschool to train MMA as well....

I loved Bellator having to give the kind of weird and very religious Freeman an interview after the fight because he smashed Pico. Terrible yet really entertaining card all around.

Comment

I'm getting the Strikeforce vibe all over again but they just never put it together as nicely, something is missing in Bellator. But I won't deny it, I was entertained yesterday by all the antics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I'm just gonna stfu about MMA prospects. Sage's sister got stopped yesterday in her pro debut & Pico ate a uppercut that had him hurt & got choked the f#ck out in like 24 seconds in his pro debut lol.
                  Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Scott Coker just ate 4 boxes of ho ho's in like 7 minutes after his next great prospect got merked I bet.
                  Horrible match-up. Whoever manages this Pico guy is an idiot.

You don't put a guy making a debut against a guy with the level of experience his opponent had. It's a recipe for disaster.

Plenty of guys would kill for a chance to fight this Pico guy. Pick one making a debut or with only 1 or 2 fights max. Experience is a huge factor, and his management should have known this.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                    Those guys at AKA were right about Cain Velasquez when he was just getting started... not to mention Luke Rockhold.

The only real question is how's his chin, in live-action.
                    The chin...

Might be the single most important delineater between pro fighters and everyone else. Talent, skills, heart... you can have all that, but without a chin...

Or maybe Pico just got caught with a good shot by a fairly decent opponent in his debut. I'm still in wait-n-see mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X