3. Carl Froch
    4. Ricky Hatton
    5. Johnny Nelson
    6. David Haye
    7. Scott Harrison
    8. Ricky Burns
    9. Amir Khan
    10. Clinton Woods

This is my list based on their achievements within this century and not before. What do you guys think? Should prince naseem hamed have made the list?

Naseem Hamed shouldn't be on the list because he didnt achieve anything in the 21st Century.

I'll need to get back to you with regards to my list though lol

Comment

What a depressing list...

I reckon the next 5 years will better the last 12.

Comment

Officially this Millennium didn't begin until January 1st 2001 and Naz's record since then was 1-1 so I'd say no, he doesn't deserve a spot on it.

Saying that, he wouldn't even if you count from the year before.

I'm pony at these lists but here you go.

Calzaghe, Froch, Hatton, Nelson, Khan, Lewis, Woods, Witter, Burns, Haye.

F.uck me, that was depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
          1. Joe Calzaghe
          2. Lennox Lewis
          3. Carl Froch
          4. Ricky Hatton
          5. Johnny Nelson
          6. David Haye
          7. Scott Harrison
          8. Ricky Burns
          9. Amir Khan
          10. Clinton Woods

This is my list based on their achievements within this century and not before. What do you guys think? Should prince naseem hamed have made the list?
          I dunno... Khan should definitely be higher than Burns. Apart from that I like it.

Comment

1. Joe Calzaghe
            2. Lennox Lewis
            3. Carl Froch
            4. Ricky Hatton
            5. Johnny Nelson
            6. David Haye
            7. Scott Harrison
            8. Ricky Burns
            9. Amir Khan
            10. Clinton Woods

Not sure I'd put Lennox Lewis up there simply because his era was mostly the 90s. For the sake of it, I'll just judge his accomplishments post 2000, not taking his whole career into context.

My list would look something like this:

1. Calzaghe
            2. Froch
            3. Hatton
            4. Lewis
            5. Khan
            6. Haye
            7. Nelson
            8. Burns
            9. Clinton
            10. Scott Harrison.

People would like to downplay Audley, but he was a decent european level fighter in his day. He would probably come in the places following the top 10.

Comment

1. Joe Calzaghe
              2. Lennox Lewis
              3. Carl Froch
              4. Ricky Hatton
              5. Johnny Nelson
              6. David Haye
              7. Scott Harrison
              8. Ricky Burns
              9. Amir Khan
              10. Clinton Woods

I don't believe Lewis should be above Hatton or Froch in the 21st century.

Other than that, it's a good list, I'd have Khan above Harrison, Burns and Wood too.

Looking through that top 10, you realise that the UK has had a stunning decade, with Calzaghe a two division world champion with lineal titles at both 168 and 175. Hatton the man for so long at 140 and Khan a worthy successor (along with Bradley of course). Lewis the undisputed heavyweight champion and Haye one of the better heavyweights of the past 3-4 years.

How anyone can say that list is depressing is beyond me.

Comment

I have to say I am surprised that Witter has been overlooked so much.

After losing a decision to a prime Judah (in what was a rookie match up) he went on a 21 fight winning streak beating British, European & World Champions AS WELL AS Lucky Sambo, before losing a very close decision to Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
                  How anyone can say that list is depressing is beyond me.
                  6 downwards isn't great and I'm adamant that with the inclusion of Froch, the next 5 years will produce a greater list. Just seeing Ricky Burns and Clinton Woods on the list is depressing...

Harrison left a lot more questions then answers, Khan's future remains uncertain. I think we have a strong crop of prospects at the current moment in time, when was the last time it was this strong?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    6 downwards isn't great and I'm adamant that with the inclusion of Froch, the next 5 years will produce a greater list. Just seeing Ricky Burns and Clinton Woods on the list is depressing...

Harrison left a lot more questions then answers, Khan's future remains uncertain. I think we have a strong crop of prospects at the current moment in time, when was the last time it was this strong?
                    For me it's depressing compared to the 90's when we had Hamed, Eubank, Benn, Watson, Robinson, Hodkinson, McMillan, Hardy, Barrett, Thompson just to name a few.

Add to that half the people on the Millennium list & it's pretty depressing.

I'd say the last dozen years were a lull (except for possibly heavy) & we're looking at a boom soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X