No announcement yet.

Let's Keep the Activity Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Let's Keep the Activity Up

This place is always booming when the big fights are on, but let's try to keep it consistent between the big UFC events going on.

There's plenty to talk about.

This weekend there was the debacle that was Shine Fights, Shark fights, and Tachi Palace Fights... Oh, and the UFC Fight Night is coming up on Wednesday.

I usually scan these boards after work, it seems most of the veteran members are MIA or have different names that I'm not familiar with.

Though I shouldn't have much of an opinion after my ban, I was gone for a very long time.. What I do know is that this is a pretty solid MMA community compared to the other boards out there. We should keep this place a friends and family secret before someone posts a link on Sherdog haha

Comment

This is the best forum in boxingscene, period.

And did anyone catch Shark Fights? Houston Alexander had a crazy comeback against Sokoudjou.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
        This is the best forum in boxingscene, period.

And did anyone catch Shark Fights? Houston Alexander had a crazy comeback against Sokoudjou.
        that was outstanding..!! thought he'd get KTFO in the 1st round. what a comeback...

Comment

i love mma and i love the mma section on this site.

this is the only area i can post and not get made fun of. except when i mention one of my favorites, tank abbott. just a mere mention of his name causes uncontrollable laughter.

but tank was really fun in his prime. he could have been great, but he loved the beer and cheeseburgers too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

this is the only area i can post and not get made fun of. except when i mention one of my favorites, tank abbott. just a mere mention of his name causes uncontrollable laughter.

but tank was really fun in his prime. he could have been great, but he loved the beer and cheeseburgers too much.
            you just can t call abbott a mma fighter. he was just a brawler, thats it. not comparable to the current fighters in the top promotions. but as you mentioned: it was pretty much fun to watch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Speaking of Tank, he was one hard hitting dude. He just seemed like kind of a douche though. I loved it when he would just shove his knee into some dude's throat though in the early days of the UFC and when he said he wanted to tickle some dude's brain, was getting aroused from watching the instant replay of a TKO win of his and when he would call Don The Dragon Wilson "The Dragonfly" lol. Oh yeah and I just remembered he was also from Huntington Beach, CA and Tito Ortiz was in Tank's corner a couple times before he made his UFC debut so I guess Tank was the original Huntington Beach bad boy hehe.
              Last edited by Anthony342; 09-16-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Tank was a powerful guy, very entertaining to watch most of the time.

His trash talk was funny, but he did seem like a bit of a dick at times. Ah well, at least he did his best to back it up, unlike a lot of talkers.

Despite his lack of real skills, he did a good job of making his strengths work against well-schooled people.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bricks View Post
                  I usually scan these boards after work, it seems most of the veteran members are MIA or have different names that I'm not familiar with.

Though I shouldn't have much of an opinion after my ban, I was gone for a very long time.. What I do know is that this is a pretty solid MMA community compared to the other boards out there. We should keep this place a friends and family secret before someone posts a link on Sherdog haha

I'm the guy formerly known as Organik.

I have to keep **** straight now that I'm no longer on the westcoast, US, so I had to change my name to a type of beer.

Comment

Tank was legit in his day.

On that note, I'll try to upload his career and post it soon if I remember.

Comment

Working...
                    X