Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton.....

Comment

Originally posted by mogreen View Post
      I still wish we got to see Mayweather vs Cotto at around that time, I think they both had the same peak.
      They fought in 2012 right?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        In which fight in Floyd's career was he at his peak or his best version?
        I could list Corrales, Gatti, Baldomir, Ndou etc but none of them were truly great, some of them werent even world class. When he did fight a truly top tier fighter, it was never at their best but he still had tough nights against the likes of DLH, Cotto and Hatton.

So its a difficult question to answer but I can say his physical prime was 2001-2012-ish, with his absolute peake (best years) probably 2004-2007.

Comment

Originally posted by mogreen View Post
          I still wish we got to see Mayweather vs Cotto at around that time, I think they both had the same peak.
          Floyd & his team tried to get Cotto after the Gatti fight but bob arum said Cotto was still too green.....it would of been worse for Cotto, bob saved him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I could list Corrales, Gatti, Baldomir, Ndou etc but none of them were truly great, some of them werent even world class. When he did fight a truly top tier fighter, it was never at their best but he still had tough nights against the likes of DLH, Cotto and Hatton.

So its a difficult question to answer but I can say his physical prime was 2001-2012-ish, with his absolute peake (best years) probably 2004-2007.
            All the so called top tier guys didn't want to fight Floyd so that right there should tell you what the deal was (they was shook). And he did NOT have the "tough nights" against dlh, Cotto & hatton. He looked like he was having fun.

Comment

His physical peak was when he was "Pretty Boy" & his mental peak was when he was "Money"

Comment

Hatton. After Hatton Floyd was basically a pot shotter and cherry picker.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  Your right he cherry picked because it would take another 100 years to find his match.

Comment

He had multiple peeks. For me, from the JMM fight to the Canelo fight. He was completely different in each fight. Against JMM, he countered every single thing JMM did, and capitalized on every single mistake JMM made. He was flawless and reflexes were at their best. Against Shane, he performed this once in a lifetime Bruce-Lee-Like asshippin, throwing these fastass karate shots, it was amazing.

Against Ortiz he was strong, walked him down flatfooted, and I actually loved the ending. It was very dramatic.

Against Canelo, it was like a combination of all of the fights I named. He walked him down and overpowered him from the opening round. One minute he was in the pocket rolling, then he is on the ropes, then he is midrange, then he's on the backfoot. I have to say, that the Canelo fight outdid every single thing Floyd has ever done at the big boy fights. And the Gatti fight outdid everything he did at the lower weights.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      Everyone he fought at the big boy weights, would've killed Hatton in the ring though.

Comment

Working...
                      X