Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Klitschko, Ward, Jones Create 2022 HOF Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toss up between Ward and Klitschko, though I'd give Wlad the nod.

Comment

Mayweather
      Jones Jr.
      Ward

If Jones Fights again...

Mayweather
      Marquez
      Ward

As much as I respect Wlad and grew to like him, I'd have him after Floyd, Roy, Andre and Juan.

Mayweather - outside stuff aside, has a good resume, undefeated, dominant most of the time, big box office, P4P, multi-division champ.

Jones Jr. - despite not having the most dangerous opponents, was so impressive, P4P, dominant, MW to HW.

Ward - despite not having a longer pro career record and not being the most exciting in or out of the ring, has better resume and wins than a lot of fighters in the modern era, P4P, undefeated, 2 division champ

Wlad - dominant HW, has looked impressive in a lot of bouts, very respectable and worthy of respect, however I don't think his win column has enough impressive names. There may actually be no HOFers in his win column and he doesn't have the luxury of being a multi-division champ being a big HW. He deserves HOF certainly, but not sure about first ballot.

Toss up- I feel Ward's WINS over Kessler, Froch, Kovalev, in addition to being undefeated, multi-division champ (though you can't really hold that against Wlad) edge him against the extended, but lesser impressive WIN column of Wlad who has tasted defeat vs mediocre opposition and defeated against arguable his best opposition. Wlad really needed Lennox Lewis.
      Last edited by TyrantT316; 09-25-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Mayweather is officially unbeaten and been P4P King for a long time. Also notoriously known so his sit is adamant.
        Ward is unbeaten in pros and also been P4P for few years. That is why I think he gets HOF sit no matter of questionable decision with Kovalev and average competition.
        Klit and Roy are both legends. But Klit didn't risk his legacy in rematch with AJ with possible 3rd defeat in the row. Also Klit still can beat current champion like Parker easily not including most if not all TOP 10 aside of AJ and Wilder. So that gives us Legend who retires with solid legacy and futureproofness in the pocket.
        RJJ on the other hand while also a Legend but has his legacy cracked hard. He lost many times for years now and he has no future as has no chance of winning anyone in TOP 20 (if not more).
        RJJ has to wait 1 year longer as a payback for his mistake staying too long in the business as a fighter. Sorry.

Comment

Floyd, RJJ and Wlad easy...
          If BHop makes the list then Wlad drops out..

Comment

May, jones, klit. Easy choices really

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              I don't see how anyone could make an argument for Ward over Mayweather, Jones, and Klitschko.
              How would you have Ward over Floyd? You're ****ing stupid

Comment

Floyd never lost, Ward never lost, Jones is certainly an ATG, but his now many KO losses put him lower than those two, and Vladimir, as much as I like him as a person and is a great fighter, he was in a time where the heavyweight division was weak. I have him last.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  How would you have Ward over Floyd? You're ****ing stupid
                  To me, it looks like he's saying Ward should not be above those 3

Comment

Floyd and Roy definitely get in. I can’t see how Ward goes in ahead of wlad but his accomplishments and unblemished record deserve 1st ballot recognition imo.

I think wlad is very overrated. If I was voting i would vote him over Ward because you he did hold the HWT title for a staggering amount of time, regardless of what you feel about the division during his reign. You can’t just ignore that.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      It's not a debate. Mayweather, Jones and Klitschko without a question.
                      Reading through the thread and i definitely see a debate going on.

Comment

Working...
                      X