• Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo next?

We saw what happened last night.

Originally posted by BTL View Post
    We saw what happened last night.
    different animals...

Comment

All GGG has to do is set the same tempo that he did for Brook. Canelo will burn out by round 6 I guarantee, from there on he'll take a massive beating and retire by round 9, maybe even sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        All GGG has to do is set the same tempo that he did for Brook. Canelo will burn out by round 6 I guarantee, from there on he'll take a massive beating and retire by round 9, maybe even sooner.
        I think he'll destroy Canelo if he fights like he did against Lemiuex. Work behind the jab. Canelo will break down.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
          I think he'll destroy Canelo if he fights like he did against Lemiuex. Work behind the jab. Canelo will break down.
          I disagree. Canelo won't come to Golovkin, he'll make him come to him and try to slip the jab and hit him off the counter. Canelo is also very good at countering over the jab, and I don't think Golovkin has the Floyd Mayweather reflexes to slip and counter those counters at rapid speed while moving away.

Also there's the issue of the scorecards, Golovkin risks getting clowned on the scorecards if he fights passive like that.

He should can do what you suggest for the first two 1 or two rounds just to feel out Canelo, but for me his best bet is to drown Canelo. Canelo has a solid body and chin, he aint gonna break him like he did Lemule, he needs to make Canelo overthink and overwork at all times, drain him mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Comment

It's possible. We have to remember that Canelo is coming up from 154 and GGG is a natural 160, the bigger, stronger guy. It could be the same situation like lil'chocolate, how he went up in weight too fast and got smoked. It's Canelo's first fight at 160 and against the perennial, best dude in GGG. It's pretty insane for a legitimate, middleweight debut if you think about it.

Comment

What get KO'd or lose? Hell he's lost already. And I mean GGG is kinda known for KOing mfers so there is a decent chance if Canelo loses, & he is the underdog, he'll be KO'd.

Its boxing. That sh^t happens doe. 2 guys enter for each fight, 1 guy loses & sometimes he gets KTFO when he loses.

Thats sorta how boxing works. Boxing don't give a f#ck who gets KTFO or loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                I disagree. Canelo won't come to Golovkin, he'll make him come to him and try to slip the jab and hit him off the counter. Canelo is also very good at countering over the jab, and I don't think Golovkin has the Floyd Mayweather reflexes to slip and counter those counters at rapid speed while moving away.

Also there's the issue of the scorecards, Golovkin risks getting clowned on the scorecards if he fights passive like that.

He should can do what you suggest for the first two 1 or two rounds just to feel out Canelo, but for me his best bet is to drown Canelo. Canelo has a solid body and chin, he aint gonna break him like he did Lemule, he needs to make Canelo overthink and overwork at all times, drain him mentally, emotionally, and physically.
                ... you mean Canelo will stay "in the pocket"?... in the center of the ring?... on the ropes?... and make GGG punch the air?...

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                It's possible. We have to remember that Canelo is coming up from 154 and GGG is a natural 160, the bigger, stronger guy. It could be the same situation like lil'chocolate, how he went up in weight too fast and got smoked. It's Canelo's first fight at 160 and against the perennial, best dude in GGG. It's pretty insane for a legitimate, middleweight debut if you think about it.
                ... Canelo is coming down from 164.5...

Comment

Canelo's chin is the decider in this one. We know Golovkin can hold the power Alvarez had. We have no idea if Canelo can do the same. My guess is that he's not going to for long. That jab of Golovkins does damage, and without the size of a Jacobs, or good feet, I can see it ending on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... you mean Canelo will stay "in the pocket"?... in the center of the ring?... on the ropes?... and make GGG punch the air?...

... Canelo is coming down from 164.5...
                    Chavez Jr. is arguably the greatest bum of all time, Canelo went up that high for the money. For me, that is not the proper way to prepare for a guy like GGG's caliber. Canelo still has not fought precisely at 160 or a top 10 middleweight contender at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X