Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Haymon and NBC creating a WWE type of project?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess we have to WAIT AND SEE! I certainly wouldn't be against a different type of production like maybe better Intros because Boxing is just EXTREMELY BORING to the Casual Fans and it goes beyond just "FIGHTERS STYLES".

Better Presentation and better Production wouldn't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I think they envy the money floyds demands, worth, and notoriety but he didn't get their taking short cuts....their was no road of least resistance.
      when Floyd was 25-0(won title in 18th fight) he already was the lineal champion at 130 had wins over 3 former titlists/champions in Goyo Vargas, undefeated Corrales in a fight that should have been a unificiation, and Genaro Hernandez who had over a half dozen defenses was undefeated at 130 and held the wbc and wba titles respectively in his career. Mayweather had 6 defenses by his 25th fight

By 35-0 he held 2 lineal titles, and the wbc belt at 140...had wins over 9 former champions and titlists and a total of 11 titles defenses for his lineal belts

A better fighter to compare this formula to would be GGG, Broner, Deontay Wilder, John Mugabi who fought marginal comp before facing Hagler, etc.
      Damn good post man..and somehow this will either be ignored or made fun of

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I think they envy the money floyds demands, worth, and notoriety but he didn't get their taking short cuts....their was no road of least resistance.
        when Floyd was 25-0(won title in 18th fight) he already was the lineal champion at 130 had wins over 3 former titlists/champions in Goyo Vargas, undefeated Corrales in a fight that should have been a unificiation, and Genaro Hernandez who had over a half dozen defenses was undefeated at 130 and held the wbc and wba titles respectively in his career. Mayweather had 6 defenses by his 25th fight

By 35-0 he held 2 lineal titles, and the wbc belt at 140...had wins over 9 former champions and titlists and a total of 11 titles defenses for his lineal belts

A better fighter to compare this formula to would be GGG, Broner, Deontay Wilder, John Mugabi who fought marginal comp before facing Hagler, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Like i said the complaint at first was "Haymon fighters do not fight each other"...Now you are saying it is bad "IF THEY FIGHT EACH OTHER"???? Haymon is damned either way it seems
          No that's not at all what I'm saying, my issue is not whether they fight each other or not. My issue is whether they become exclusive to Haymon's program and never fight anyone outside their stable like the WWE.

Comment

So Danny Garcia vs Lucas Mathysse was an easy fight, Amir Khan vs Danny and Devon were bs fights, Canelo vs Floyd, Thurman vs Chavez?
            I don't understand why the so called boxing fans hate Haymon but none of the fighters ever say anything but great things about him. All boxing promoters put bs fights together not just him but they also put very exciting fights as well!

Comment

I agree with the OP, though I wouldn't have used a WWE analogy so much a UFC/Bellator one. I see his guys being more active, albeit fighting easy fights on a regular basis and then having a big step up fight on Showtime/ppv. I'm fine with that, I can see that as a good thing.

My regret is that his guys won't be competing with other guys like Ward, Golovkin, Walters, Lomachenko, Rigo, Pacquiao, Bradley. What's the point of getting excited about him building guys up if we're still not going to get the best vs best. I guess I'll just settle for him to put on some good shows, I'm sure I'll watch regardless.

Comment

Working...
              X