Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny hasn't been the same blood and guts warrior since Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even though margarito lost that fight, he took something from pac and made him the mortal that he is.

Comment

Margs eye wasnt the same since then too. Permanently disfigured by Pacquiaos justice. Cant blame Floyd for waiting it out to see if Haymon can still save him by giving him the Cotto fight instead.

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post
        even though margarito lost that fight, he took something from pac and made him the mortal that he is.
        It was the last fight that Pacquaio looked like a wizard gliding around the ring in and out while throwing non stop punches. You can blame it on cramps but he just isn't the same fighter. He's worn and his stamina has faded, can't blame the guy he was a fireball for a decade.

I will give him credit, his 4th fight against Marquez he brought it back and was looking amazing until the knockout. That was the best I had seen Pacquiao in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          It was the last fight that Pacquaio looked like a wizard gliding around the ring in and out while throwing non stop punches. You can blame it on cramps but he just isn't the same fighter. He's worn and his stamina has faded, can't blame the guy he was a fireball for a decade.

I will give him credit, his 4th fight against Marquez he brought it back and was looking amazing until the knockout. That was the best I had seen Pacquiao in a long time.
          the funny thing is....

the best manny looked against juanma was in the fight he got ktfo.

the worst juanma looked against pac was the one he won.

but it's lost on some of the newbs here.

Comment

i agree, pac animal instinct has been decline since Margarito fight, infact it was at Margarito fight he show mercy to his opponent. remember at the 11th and 12th round of Margo fight Manny always look at the ref to stop the fight.

and that "touching the gloves thing" at Shane and algieri fight also reduce his animal instinct. i thnnk Algieri know this and use it to his advantage vs manny

Comment

i blame it more on opponent, aging tbh.

Comment

Watch the Manny documentary, you wouldn't believed how Pac took its toll! The jab that buckled Pacs head and the body punches that broke his ribs.

The disparity is tremendous Floyd got scared watching how Pac dismantled the Mexican machine tank.

Comment

pac has lost stamina with age obviously.

and maybe a little on the reflexes, accuracy.

pac power came from a sniper rifle not a bazooka.

the little loss of reflex/accuracy makes him lose his kd/hurt ability.

stamina explains less relentlessness.

he's 36 fellas, started fighting 1995 and his career has been filled with wars. it's amazing he's not completely shot tbh.

Comment

I don't recall Margarito ever doing anything in that fight other than following Pacqiuao mindlessly around and getting peppered for 12 rounds straight.

Unless the OP means it's when Pacquiao's compassion in the ring started, but he was even showing mercy against Oscar and Miguel Cotto in the final rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Run View Post
                      Maybe I need to rewatch.

I just remember him beatin' the brakes off Tony
                      he did but Tony hurt him too. Pacquiao should have never been fighting anyone at 150

Comment

Working...
                      X