No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: I See No Point in Fighting Manny Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by "Smokin Sugar"
    Only people that really want to see a 5th are hardcore Manny Pacquiao fans and they aren't boxing fans they are Pacquiao only fans.

Originally posted by Matisyahu View Post
    two false statements in one sentence
    Here's one of them now!!

Comment

• Whether Marquez felt he was robbed or not, he deserves to give Manny the rematch. If you ask me Manny was 2-0-1 against Marquez because that's how the judges saw it, I thought Castillo beat Floyd but if it isn't a straight robbery you go with the decision. This fight made a defining statement in that Marquez needed 40+ rounds to beat Manny Pacquaio once, I think Manny getting one more shot is more than fair.

Marquez wasn't sharp in this fight by any means, he landed I'd say 3 solid punches on Manny the two knockdowns and the one that spun Manny. Aside from those Manny was obviously the faster of the two, and I know what you guys will say but he KO'd him. I understand that but it doesn't mean you weren't getting the **** kicked out of you earlier (Martinez vs Chavez Jr.) My point is Marquez is slower because he's put on that much muscle and because he is 38 years old. Add the fact that he has a felon who went to prison for doping other athletes is now in his corner and he put a guy who had never been dropped from a head shot in his career to sleep and well... let's just say giving the dood a rematch would be the "warrior" thing a mexican would do.

If he really takes a fight with Floyd I would be beyond disappointed in JMM and Floyd. Not because neither one is fighting Manny or anything along those lines, but because it would show how smart Floyd is and how dumb JMM truly is. He would have hyped up JMM to JMM in thinking he has any shot even with the juice, farce of a fight and JMM has no chance.

Comment

• Woooow! *******s are worse than Floyd fans. Márquez killed Pac, get it? Lucky punch, hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matisyahu View Post
          Then why will it sell better than his other options? And why am I a self proclaimed Pacquiao fan that can name the best in every division for years? And why am I bothering myself with such a stupid debate? Oh yeah because I'm waiting for the Super Bowl.
          It will sell because now every filipino in the entire world will pay for it to ensure Manny gets one more payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Whether Marquez felt he was robbed or not, he deserves to give Manny the rematch. If you ask me Manny was 2-0-1 against Marquez because that's how the judges saw it, I thought Castillo beat Floyd but if it isn't a straight robbery you go with the decision. This fight made a defining statement in that Marquez needed 40+ rounds to beat Manny Pacquaio once, I think Manny getting one more shot is more than fair.

Marquez wasn't sharp in this fight by any means, he landed I'd say 3 solid punches on Manny the two knockdowns and the one that spun Manny. Aside from those Manny was obviously the faster of the two, and I know what you guys will say but he KO'd him. I understand that but it doesn't mean you weren't getting the **** kicked out of you earlier (Martinez vs Chavez Jr.) My point is Marquez is slower because he's put on that much muscle and because he is 38 years old. Add the fact that he has a felon who went to prison for doping other athletes is now in his corner and he put a guy who had never been dropped from a head shot in his career to sleep and well... let's just say giving the dood a rematch would be the "warrior" thing a mexican would do.

If he really takes a fight with Floyd I would be beyond disappointed in JMM and Floyd. Not because neither one is fighting Manny or anything along those lines, but because it would show how smart Floyd is and how dumb JMM truly is. He would have hyped up JMM to JMM in thinking he has any shot even with the juice, farce of a fight and JMM has no chance.
            Go visit a shrink. You are a mental case.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
              Woooow! *******s are worse than Floyd fans. Márquez killed Pac, get it? Lucky punch, hahaha.
              It must be terrible to be a worthless pile of human poo.....My condolences :ANWOD:

Comment

• what is marquez's contract situation with top rank?

maybe he wants to fight mayweather. maybe thats the hold up in announcing floyd's fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                  It will sell because now every filipino in the entire world will pay for it to ensure Manny gets one more payday.
                  I'm not a Fillipino. I can't even spell Filipino, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    true........marquez was begging and begging on his knees and using every opportunity he could to call out pacquiao for a rematch and pac gave it to him.

but if marquez decides he doesn't want to give pac a rematch then i can understand that...
                    Difference being they were close fights with no real winner. You can't say that about the last one.

Comment

• If Marquez got knocked out no one would be asking for a rematch. Including myself.

There is no point besides another paycheck.

Comment

Working...
                      X