No announcement yet.

floyd beat cotto, trout beat cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
    Again... floyd would not take on a fighter who is a threat to his 0... classic floyd move to wait a year & decide very carefully who to fight next.
    WHAT THE ****? So now he's ducking Trout? Whew. You mufukas are relentless with it. He's ducking Ward, GGG, and Tyson Fury too for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      WHAT THE ****? So now he's ducking Trout? Whew. You mufukas are relentless with it. He's ducking Ward, GGG, and Tyson Fury too for that matter.
      Why yes, he should fight Trout? Wouldn't you love to see that fight? I sure would.

Or would you rather he fight the clearly undeserving Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        That's weird. I though he fought Cotto "at his best weight, 154"
        I could have swore I seen a thread where Floyd takes on the best in every division he's in.
        Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Floyd takes on the #1 guy in every division he's in, he did that with Cotto. Floyd is the #1 guy in 2 separate divisions. He IS the best, he can't fight himself. He has to wait to see who comes out on top from the younglings[or oldies], then he fights the winner like a true boss.

The next best fighter at 154 is Canelo. I think Canelo handles Trout if they fight on May 4th. Everyone will see that the best fight was Mayweather vs Canelo all along.
        Floyds a charity case, fights people at their best divisions?
        So i guess JMm was in his best division, as was Hatton? Cottos best division may well have been 154, but he didnt all of a sudden become superman there. He won most of his proper fights at 147. Just cos Miguel felth healthiest at 154 dont stop the fact he was won most of his meaningful fights at 147 and was messed up by Pac first and wasnt the same at 154
        Last edited by hugh grant; 12-28-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

this has got to be the dumbest thread ive seen this week.

Comment

So why is Floyd-trout not happening again?

No need for anyone to come up or down. Both have titles. Both undefeated. Arum is not involved. Trout would take three dollars and any phony test.

So what's the holdup?
            Low risk, high reward. Trout is none of that.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. But as people well know, if this fight went ahead next, there would be no end of threads about Mayweather ducking Martinez and Canelo to fight Trout. It's a good if unspectacular fight but a legitimate challenge.

However, if it doesn't happen anytime soon, you could hardley call it a duck. If Mayweather continued to campaign at the weight, and both had a couple more wins, THEN it didn't happen, I would call it a duck. Right now, A Trout fight is as arbitrary as another.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Floyds a charity case, fights people at their best divisions?
                So i guess JMm was in his best division, as was Hatton? Cottos best division may well have been 154, but he didnt all of a sudden become superman there. He won most of his proper fights at 147. Just cos Miguel felth healthiest at 154 dont stop the fact he was won most of his meaningful fights at 147 and was messed up by Pac first and wasnt the same at 154
                If all this is true, then explain why Pacquiao wouldn't fight him at the weight. Explain why he needed a catchweight- AGAIN (We know you can't/won't).

Or you could just give your opinion on a Mayweather/Trout match. Is it a "must see" match right now? Is it more sellable than a Mayweather/Canelo match? What are the implications? Go on, Hughey. Try being a boxing fan for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                  I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. But as people well know, if this fight went ahead next, there would be no end of threads about Mayweather ducking Martinez and Canelo to fight Trout. It's a good if unspectacular fight but a legitimate challenge.

However, if it doesn't happen anytime soon, you could hardley call it a duck. If Mayweather continued to campaign at the weight, and both had a couple more wins, THEN it didn't happen, I would call it a duck. Right now, A Trout fight is as arbitrary as another.
                  The only guys who wanna see Mayweather fight Canelo are Floyd groupies and Oscar himself. Canelo doesn't deserve a shot he hasn't fought anyone.

Comment

I'd like to see this fight, don't think floyd would fight him though.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      Why yes, he should fight Trout? Wouldn't you love to see that fight? I sure would.

Or would you rather he fight the clearly undeserving Canelo?
                      A fight with a puncher like Canelo would be much more exciting than a fight with Trout. If Trout wins, its by out boxing Mayweather with his reach and height. If Canelo wins, its because he beat the hell out of Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X