Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins came back from getting owned by the english dude so why can't Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    ive seen the fight 1000 times..roy didnt own hopkins..he won..but it was far from ownage..both had problems landing punches..my brother dont believe the hype..no 1's ever dominated hopkins
    It just comes down to what you consider "domination" to be. All three judges scored it 8 rounds to 4 for Jones. So, for every round Bernard won, Roy won 2. If two Nascar stock cars were racing a 500 lap race and the winner finished while the loser was only on lap 250, we'd probably say he got dominated. I will NEVER question Bernard's greatness. And I'm on the side of the B-Hop diehard fans. I wouldn't say that Taylor "dominated" B-Hop in their second fight, but he certainly did beat him to the punch in almost every exchange. He also established a jab against Bernard, something NO ONE has ever been able to do.

Again, I'm on your side in my defense of B-Hop's greatness. The only difference, is I will (with a frown, mind you) admit when someone is even greater.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe owned himself.. Many people myself included believe Bhop beat Joe..
      and Roy is so shot its not even funny..
      and to think Joe got knocked down by both??
      By guys 40+ in age and obviously past their prime?

Comment

Stupid thread

No 1 calzaghe is welsh, not english and

No2 hopkins lost a split decision not whooped like jones was.

Jones was a great fighter but since his cum down from heavyweight his body jus dont look right..he looks drained tryin to make 175, reflexes r gone and doesnt have the ring generalship of hopkins.

jones relied on his supernatyral speed instead of fundamentals and when u get older ur speed declines.

Comment

Working...
        X