Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Conor Mcgregor KO GGG in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Not really...

see the result @14:48...

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
        Not really...

see the result @14:48...
        holly holm trained extensively in takedown defence, she didnt just step straight in from boxing, did years and years of mma training. K1 isnt even mma ffs, that shows how much you really know about the subject....

Comment

GGG doesn't know how to sprawl, defend head/leg/body kicks or know any BJJ. He would have about 15-20 seconds at the start of any street fight to knock Mcgregor out before he gets chocked out or KO'd from full mount/kicks.

But it's a stupid scenario, in a street fight you could eye gouge, kick someone in the groin, stab someone, fish hook etc. That's why they are both in different sports.

Comment

mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Good post bro I agree condor destroys him in a street fight. Everyone forgets how Kell kept tagging gg left and right imagine a strong ko fighter like conor

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              GGG doesn't know how to sprawl, defend head/leg/body kicks or know any BJJ. He would have about 15-20 seconds at the start of any street fight to knock Mcgregor out before he gets chocked out or KO'd from full mount/kicks.

But it's a stupid scenario, in a street fight you could eye gouge, kick someone in the groin, stab someone, fish hook etc. That's why they are both in different sports.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Good post bro I agree condor destroys him in a street fight. Everyone forgets how Kell kept tagging gg left and right imagine a strong ko fighter like conor
                thank you, im obviously a huge ggg fan but he would have zero chance cause hes a boxer not a fighter. I dont know why people get so defensive about boxers losing in a fight to mma fighters, seem to argue against the face of all logic. Two completely different sports.
                If anyone wants another example they can point to ricardo mayorga, 0-3 at a low level of mma. Im not saying with extensive training that a boxer couldnt do well in the UFC, im saying if you chucked a boxer in a fighter with a world class, p4p level fighter like mcgregor whos been training to 'fight' not 'box' since he was young they would be a lamb to the slaughter. As i said i think itsjust seen as some badge of honour of being a 'hardcore pugilist' by making out boxers are the ultimate fighters.

Comment

Connor has no wrestling skills. He's not randy couture. He dosen't take people down and ground and pound them. GGG with some ground game will ko him. UFC fighters are horrible strikers compared to boxers.

Comment

GGG will KO mcgregor with the first punch he launches.

Comment

thank you, im obviously a huge ggg fan but he would have zero chance cause hes a boxer not a fighter. I dont know why people get so defensive about boxers losing in a fight to mma fighters, seem to argue against the face of all logic. Two completely different sports.
                      If anyone wants another example they can point to ricardo mayorga, 0-3 at a low level of mma. Im not saying with extensive training that a boxer couldnt do well in the UFC, im saying if you chucked a boxer in a fighter with a world class, p4p level fighter like mcgregor whos been training to 'fight' not 'box' since he was young they would be a lamb to the slaughter. As i said i think itsjust seen as some badge of honour of being a 'hardcore pugilist' by making out boxers are the ultimate fighters.
                      Lol, I'm disappointed in you I thought you'd know a bit more about Golovkin. Besides having grown up beating people in the street, which a lot of boxers have done, Duran, Pacquiao etc (thus stupid to call a boxer not a fighter), Golovkin wrestled for 7 years and frequently has wrestling sessions in training camp with much bigger guys. Golovkin is bigger than Mcgregor, stronger, Mcgregor stands no chance whatsoever in the stand-up, and he'd got tossed around like a doll in a clinch by Golovkin in a street fight. A street fight isn't controlled, you're not trying to outbox anyone, people seem to have this stupid idea that a boxer would come out like he would in a boxing fight, he wouldn't, straight for the knockout, you're filled with rage in a street fight, you're controlled in a sanctioned bout.

BTW. Mayorga won his MMA debut, it was changed into a NC because he knee'd the guy in the spine whilst he was going for an arm-bar. Apparently things got too real in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X