Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop heavy bag from being too dense at the bottom and too light at the top?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop heavy bag from being too dense at the bottom and too light at the top?

Its filled with shredded cloth.

The bottom of the back feels like rock, the top feels like air. I dont want to forever be readjusting it

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Its filled with shredded cloth.

The bottom of the back feels like rock, the top feels like air. I dont want to forever be readjusting it
    Haahaha another winner question you posted to bad you are a dumb rock on the road otherwise I would give you the answer...oh well...maybe someone else will take pity ...and yes this is a dumb question ...considering how to hit a Heavy bag and where and why a harder bottom is a plus.!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      haahaha another winner question you posted to bad you are a dumb rock on the road otherwise i would give you the answer...oh well...maybe someone else will take pity ...and yes this is a dumb question ...considering how to hit a heavy bag and where and why a harder bottom is a plus.!
      i kick it too, so thats a prob

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        i kick it too, so thats a prob
        If you kick it....then being harder on the bottom of a heavy bag is good.I don't get what you are trying to say to me??? Secondly kicking a Hb is not better than kicking striking pads with someone holding them. because it takes another whole mechanic and technique to get that down with a moving target. and its hard to gauge power with leg kicks on a Hb as opposed to punches because leg kicks are much more momentum than punches and different feel to them.

Comment

Twice a month I would drop my heavy bags in the gym for a two day span and stand them upside down!
          Regardless of the stuffing material this practice redistributes the material and keeps a bag in good shape. If you own a leather covered bag oiling it once a month very lightly will keep the leather from cracking but wipe the excess off before you work on it.
          A heavy bottom bag gives you a bigger swinging bag to step up and into and move on. Raise it for more motion and lower it for kicks. Personally I never used a high quality bag for kicks the heavy plastic covers or canvas covers worked fine.
          Heavy bags are for building power and prior to building power your techniques have to be secured or your wasting your time.

A good home made bag could use a few pounds of beach sand to settle at the bottom and set the cloths in a circular position. A PVC pipe set up in the center filled with cloth and surrounded by cloth could work well for little to no money invested.
          I remember a gym in Truth or Consequences New Mexico that had rolled up mattresses for heavy bags. If funds are thin use your imagination!
          Ray

Comment

Working...
          X