No announcement yet.

William vs Colon - Montage of all the Rabbit Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I said in another thread, boxing needs to take rabbit punching much more seriously. There is a reason why it's illegal. I think over time ref's have forgotten the importance of this rule.
    Max Baer once killed an opponent with a rabbit punch.

Hunters used to find rabbits still alive so they would kill them with a blow to the back of the head - that's why they are named "rabbit punches".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_punch

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Whoever made that video doesn't know what a rabbit punch is. There was like 2 or 3 legit rabbit punches up til the 7th round
      Agreed....

Comment

Colon's clinching preceded those punches.

Because of the terrible condition Colon is in, people are going to overlook that he was clinching constantly. Williams was placed in a position where it was either reject the clinch by throwing while getting clinched or accepting the clinch by doing nothing until the ref decides to break it. In addition, Williams would throw the punch and Colon, almost instinctively, would turn his head so that the punch would land there.

The vast majority of rabbit punches are preceded by a clinch. If refs start to enforce the rule penalizing clinching, instead of accepting it as part of the sport, this situation and others like it can be avoided.

Comment

^ gtfo, the reff was clearly favouring williams, deducting 2 points for a low blow with no warning and then telling him 'you deal with it' and not warning williams once.

Comment

I know yall may disagree with me but I didn't think that fight was out of control dirty. There was some fouls going on by both guys but nothing totally out of the normal. Ive seen many way dirtier fights. Colon was also ducking his head which lead to him getting hit behind the head a few times. Plus Williams was landing some very hard clean shots on him.

I was expecting to see just constants rabbit punches after rabbit punches especially after seeing what happen to poor Colon. Yea the fight had some dirty moments but to me it wasn't over the top.

Anyway I do hope this young kid can make a recovery and get some sense of normalcy back to his life. I know his boxing days are over and that is super sad, I just hope now he can get to a point in recovery where he can have some good quality of life and live just like us all. Best wish and prayers.
            Last edited by boxinghead530; 10-21-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
              Colon's clinching preceded those punches.

Because of the terrible condition Colon is in, people are going to overlook that he was clinching constantly. Williams was placed in a position where it was either reject the clinch by throwing while getting clinched or accepting the clinch by doing nothing until the ref decides to break it. In addition, Williams would throw the punch and Colon, almost instinctively, would turn his head so that the punch would land there.

The vast majority of rabbit punches are preceded by a clinch. If refs start to enforce the rule penalizing clinching, instead of accepting it as part of the sport, this situation and others like it can be avoided.
              Both need to be penalized. Refereeing in boxing needs a serious overhaul. They need to reinforce the rules. Like the NFL every year, there are points of emphasis. That needs to happen in boxing.

We don't know enough about Colon's injury to just let this go unnoticed. It's very possible his tragedy was a result of rabbit punching. Better be safe and protect the fighters.

Clinching, rabbit punching. These need to be heavily enforced. 1 or 2 unnecessary clinches = stern warning. 3-4 clinches, 2 points. Then 3 points and finally DQ. Rabbit punching, 1st time = 1 point (no warning). 2 time = 2 points. Anymore = DQ.

Boxing needs to get a hold of the sport and actually regulate the in the ring rules that are all there for good reasons.

Comment

blame it on williams it's kind of a dick move, the guy was just doing what he does for a living, boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                  lol Hanz defending a black fighter, go figure.
                  Top 5 worst posters on boxingscene.

Comment

So Williams Rabbit punches >>>>> Colon's excessive holding, intentional low blows, intentional headbutt

Comment

Never watched the fight so I don't know if it caused the injury or if he was taking other heavy punches, but it looks like he dropped Colon twice to the back of the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X