Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins is a TOP 10 ATG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top 40, he has very good resume, and he beat good fighters at 40's. But in his 40's he is at 80% than his prime. prime for prime are better boxers

Comment

LMFAO @ top 10. Sure he's an ATG but I can definitely see more than 10 people being greater than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
        I also forgot to mention that he didn't want any part of James Toney in 96. Hopkins also did not want to fight Calzahge in 2002.
        According to who? Hopkins was a middleweight in '96. James Toney was a light heavyweight by that time.

James Toney fired his manager because he had a hard time making 168 for the Roy Jones Jr. fight. When she mentioned a rematch, he got PISSED at her because he couldn't make the weight anymore.

No way James Toney would have been willing to or could have made 160 by 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
          elaborate..............
          Because his resume pales in comparison to a long list of fighters.

I wouldn't even consider him to have the best resume in the last 20 years and would rank Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio over him let alone all the fighters in history.

Comment

Dudes are sleeping on bhop. He arguably beat calzage even though he didn't get the decision and he wasn't prime then. When he fought Dawson he was closer to 50. He upset a lot of prime fighters, beating pascal and still very competitive now always learns to adjust. ATG

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I can't see how he's a Top 25 ATG.
              explain..................

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                According to who? Hopkins was a middleweight in '96. James Toney was a light heavyweight by that time.

James Toney fired his manager because he had a hard time making 168 for the Roy Jones Jr. fight. When she mentioned a rematch, he got PISSED at her because he couldn't make the weight anymore.

No way James Toney would have been willing to or could have made 160 by 1996.
                I would have personally liked to have seen Hopkins move to 168 which was stacked around that time as opposed to staying at 160 was which quite frankly a weak division.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
                  top 40, he has very good resume, and he beat good fighters at 40's. But in his 40's he is at 80% than his prime. prime for prime are better boxers
                  I agree. Around 40-50.

But he's a great fighter no doubt. For what he's done in his 40's alone would make him a great fighter.

Comment

Top 25 no doubt

Comment

Matter of fact I was wrong. Toney had fights at CRUISERWEIGHT in 1996. He weighed in at 200 pounds for one of his fights. lol

People need to chill with these ducking rumors.

Comment

Working...
                      X