No announcement yet.

How harmfull is it to eat expired meat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SharpShooter3.0 View Post
    Doesnt cooking meat kill off all the bacteria?

Ive got hamburgers in my fridge but they are past their expiration date and they look horrible. I need to know if I can still eat it.
    Think insufferable diarhea, crippling nausea, and the need for two toilets, one for both ends.

If this image does not dissuade you, nor the smell of the rancid meat while its cooking, which is your survival instincts yelling, "STOP, YOU STUPID TWIT!!!!!! DON'T.......DO NOT INGEST THAT!!!!!

.....then go ahead. Bon apatite'.

Last edited by K-DOGG; 03-03-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
      I used to eat expired meat all the time in my college days, nothing happened.

I've eaten pork that turned grey and steaks that turned dark grey cuz I couldn't afford to buy more lol. Tasted and smelled different but nothing happened. Not even an upset stomach.
      this ****in guy and his made up stories

Comment

Go for it!! You only live once.

Comment

I've also ate frozen steaks that had turned into a grey'ish colour from sitting in the freezer too long.

It turned out not so bad. I defrosted the steak, cut it into cubes and put it into a stew in a slow cooker.. It was fine, still tender and I couldn't even taste the "expired meat' taste.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 03-03-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I could maybe see if you were trying to save hundreds of dollars. But to risk the misery of eating tainted food for $10, that is insane. Take the loss and buy something fresh to eat.

Comment

throw away and go buy your self a 99 cents cheese burger or spicy chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpShooter3.0 View Post
                Doesnt cooking meat kill off all the bacteria?

Ive got hamburgers in my fridge but they are past their expiration date and they look horrible. I need to know if I can still eat it.
                Its fine but the flavour would have changed forever due to the acid from the bacteria, in short it will be safe to eat if cooked enough and all bacteria etc is dead, but will still taste and smell like rancid death.

Go right ahead. Eat up. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
                  I used to eat expired meat all the time in my college days, nothing happened.

I've eaten pork that turned grey and steaks that turned dark grey cuz I couldn't afford to buy more lol. Tasted and smelled different but nothing happened. Not even an upset stomach.
                  Yikes, you must have a digestive system made of rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    I feed my dog raw food. A dog's stomach is like a vat of acid and can eat 3 day old road kill because of it without problems. But I don't feed my dog anything past the expiry date and make sure to freeze a least the day before. In other-words...i wouldn't feed my dog the what you eat.
                    dont talk about dog and raw food to righteous, he will eat your dog

Comment

Up to a point i just trust my body. You are programmed to be extremely put off by the site and smell of bad meat

If its been in the fridge a while though i will just chuck it away and buy more because im rich as **** (lol :s)

Comment

Working...
                      X