No announcement yet.

Good horror films

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Just watched the trailer and will give that a watch, based on a true story as well. I like the look of that one and makes a change from your normal exorcism films which really are practically the same.
    I won't spoil it, but I think you will like it based on what you just said. Its not over the top and that's what I really liked.

Comment

I find nearly all horror films boring apart from the occasional zombie movie. The only non-zombie horror films I liked in the last 10 years are 1408 and Mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        I find nearly all horror films boring apart from the occasional zombie movie. The only non-zombie horror films I liked in the last 10 years are 1408 and Mirrors.
        Was1408 with Johnny Depp about the hotel room? If so I liked that pretty good. I never got into mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Was1408 with Johnny Depp about the hotel room? If so I liked that pretty good. I never got into mirrors.
          You got the right film but it's Cusack not Depp.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            You got the right film but it's Cusack not Depp.
            That's right. I liked that one.

Comment

I Know What You Did Last Summer.

EPIC.

Comment

Not a movie and not really horror but I find some of The Twilight Zone episodes quite creepy and scary. I don't know if it's the black and white film or the cinematography but some episodes made me uncomfortable watching it in the dark.

Comment

i always found the tales from the darkside opening theme pretty creepy when i was a kid....just got goosebumps writing this lol

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Let the Right One In is magnificent, best vampire movie I've ever seen.
                    Let the Right One In is the best vampire film I've seen as well. Very well done and I would recommend it. The American remake, Let Me In, isn't bad either as it's almost exactly the same but I prefer the Swedish original.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    But you want to watch something that's a bit different that isn't exactly a horror film but is somehow touted peripherally to the genre then watch Stoker. It's a slow-burn thriller with some haunting performances and beautiful cinematography directed by Chan-Wook Park, the man who brought us Oldboy.
                    I just watched this last night and I thought it was very good. Such an awkward and creepy film. I thought the spider metaphor was cool but I won't say anymore than that. If you plan to watch this, don't watch any previews. I watched a trailer beforehand and wished I hadn't.

Not a typical horror film by any stretch but it was very well done and Kidman, Wasikowska and Goode are great as the leading 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X