Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum just whoring Pacquiao out to the Asian Market now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Bob Arum forgot about boxing and boxing promotion you'll NEVER know!
    Manny was a poor kid from the ghetto who is a multi-million dollar man today! He earned every penny but Bob got him more pennies than any other promoter could! I get a kick out of these ignorant lil fans who think they know what a promoter does but inreality they know nothing!!!
    I'm not a Don King fan and I don't remember working on any of his shows but I know up until 1983 non of his fighters ever made more money with any other promoter!!
    Some fans think they know whats going on behind the scenes, they don't have a clue!
    Ray.

Comment

Why not maximize your profits?

Comment

Manny's always been a hoe

Comment

I wouldn't say whoring him out per se, but he's definitely using Pac's popularity to add to the card. Arum is really trying to establish Top Rank in China and is using as many Asian fighters he can get to help gain footing. He's hoping the Chinese will embrace Pac as much as they do in the Philippines. Honestly, I don't see it happening. The fans in China are there to see Zou Shiming. Pac is just an afterthought although he's way better and more accomplished, but isn't Chinese and they're supporting their own first and foremost. If the PPV fizzles, then I expect Pac to choose another country for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
            I wouldn't say whoring him out per se, but he's definitely using Pac's popularity to add to the card. Arum is really trying to establish Top Rank in China and is using as many Asian fighters he can get to help gain footing. He's hoping the Chinese will embrace Pac as much as they do in the Philippines. Honestly, I don't see it happening. The fans in China are there to see Zou Shiming. Pac is just an afterthought although he's way better and more accomplished, but isn't Chinese and they're supporting their own first and foremost. If the PPV fizzles, then I expect Pac to choose another country for his next fight.
            Pacquiao will absolutely be a draw to Chinese viewers. He's still universally regarded as one of the best boxers in the world even if he's on the decline. Anybody who knows anything at all about boxing knows who he is, and the Chinese fans who don't will find out. Exciting fighters will always draw fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
              Good post, but it's not random like that. There's no place like Macau in terms of gambling revenue, and Arum's plans for China are long range. You're right the Chinese only care about Zou, but for their PPV price they get a hell of an exciting top fight, some get hooked. And they probably feel more kinship (Asian pride?) for Pac than Rios, though I'm not sure about this. Plus Pac brings international exposure and legitimacy, probably in exchange for a cut of the Chinese PPV mostly driven by Zou. Works out for everyone, and that's not even considering the tax benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I think you should have a certain number of posts before you're allowed to make threads.

These July '13 join date troll threads are tiresome.
                Hahahahaha awesome... oh wait a minute I'm not much better. DAMN!

Comment

Manny is Asian so it does make some sense to market him that way.

Why is this a thread again?

Comment

No more 40% foreign athlete taxes for Manny that all

Comment

its loadedwraps alt.

Comment

Working...
                      X