No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
    I actually know Shaun Robert's personally, his father is half white/half black and his mother is half hispanic/half asian.
    good mix.

50/50/50

uncke kadyo math.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      I personally wouldn't have said a word, not saying that with pride, but based on experience. I've worked with people in various jobs who did all kinds of f'd up things, and I never ratted them out. For instance, I was working at a gas station once, and a guy left his digital camera, which was connected to and used for his work. He called the shop, I answered, and I found his camera, and put it in the boss' office, and let him know it was waiting for him. He told me he was going to give me some money for saving his ass. Well, a fellow employee stole the camera from the boss' desk. Everyone knew precisely who it was. The boss even knew. But, us employees didn't rat. And as a result, not only was my cash reward lost, but they also took it out of all of our asses. They also even took away our radio, etc.

However, that is messed up, and in an ideal world should have been reported, in my opinion. But as I said, I wouldn't have reported it if it was me. Though, I think it would be the right thing to do.
      **** that ****.

I wouldn't suffer for some punk ass thief. You should have got the camera back or told him to own up.

Comment

I actually know Shaun Robert's personally, his father is half white/half black and his mother is half hispanic/half asian.
        You don't know shite.

Comment

• Is it true that in some parts of the US, the waiters and waitresses make very little money for a wage? Here even McDonalds workers make over $10.00 per hour. I know a couple people who sling at restaurants and make like $12 per hour + their tips.

I heard many make well below even minimum wage in some states.

Comment

Nonsense; however, I do know the lad rather well.

He does have a VERY high percentage of neanderthal DNA, which would oppose him having recent african american ancestry.

He is 65% ANGLO SAXON, and 35% Viking. He is a hairy, beastly, brutish neanderthal.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Is it true that in some parts of the US, the waiters and waitresses make very little money for a wage? Here even McDonalds workers make over $10.00 per hour. I know a couple people who sling at restaurants and make like $12 per hour + their tips.

I heard many make well below even minimum wage in some states.
              Yes, that is true. I only made 2.13 per hour working at IHOP. .

However, I would still make about 700 dollars a week, plenty more than people who make 10-12/hour. Females would make 1k a week.

And guess what the best part is? We only have to pay taxes on minimum wage. . Or if you're smart, anyway, you'll only report that you made enough in tips for the day to equal to "minimum wage."

So basically I was making equivalent of 20ish/hour, but only paying taxes on 6ish/hour.

It was nice to get an extra check of about 60 bucks every two weeks, after making 1400 in cash

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                What a strange creature you are.

You pay a restaurant for the meals they create. The waiters get paid to jockey it from the kitchen to your table.

Do you tip the UPS man or the post man?

It's nothing to do with being cheap, in my opinion. It's the principle of a customer rewarding an employee with a tip for their service. They have to do something to earn that, bringing my food to my table after asking what I want to order is standard.
                I'm the strange creature and you make a silly a comparison like that? The UPS man gets good money, REAL good money to bring you the package, it's his job. Where as the waiter gets sh.it money and is there to give you service. There's a clear distinction there.

Like I said before, the experience of the restaurant is what you are paying for. If you don't want to tip, then don't go to a sit down restaurant. Go eat at a place where you get your own food and drinks.

It's a system set up to guarantee you the best service, and since I have traveled in many places, I can tell you it works.

It's definitely about being cheap, if you can't see the simple service you are paying for. Now if they give you crap service, then I agree, you shouldn't tip or tip less. I tip 20% usually, never less than 15% unless the service is really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  Yes, that is true. I only made 2.13 per hour working at IHOP. .

However, I would still make about 700 dollars a week, plenty more than people who make 10-12/hour. Females would make 1k a week.

And guess what the best part is? We only have to pay taxes on minimum wage. . Or if you're smart, anyway, you'll only report that you made enough in tips for the day to equal to "minimum wage."

So basically I was making equivalent of 20ish/hour, but only paying taxes on 6ish/hour.

It was nice to get an extra check of about 60 bucks every two weeks, after making 1400 in cash
                  That makes sense as to why tipping is very important in the US then. Without tips you would be below poor. In other places service people earn a higher base salary, so tipping is more optional instead of expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I'm the strange creature and you make a silly a comparison like that? The UPS man gets good money, REAL good money to bring you the package, it's his job. Where as the waiter gets sh.it money and is there to give you service. There's a clear distinction there.

Like I said before, the experience of the restaurant is what you are paying for. If you don't want to tip, then don't go to a sit down restaurant. Go eat at a place where you get your own food and drinks.

It's a system set up to guarantee you the best service, and since I have traveled in many places, I can tell you it works.

It's definitely about being cheap, if you can't see the simple service you are paying for. Now if they give you crap service, then I agree, you shouldn't tip or tip less. I tip 20% usually, never less than 15% unless the service is really bad.

Teach, Cuauh, teach. . .

Comment

• I always tip when I eat at a restaurant. The only way I won't is if the waiter/waitress is horrible at their job. If they didn't check on me once when the restaurant was completely dead that tells me that they are lazy. Only had that happen once. Other than that I'll tip anywhere from $2 to $30 depending on the money I have or what type of restaurant I'm in. It's usually when I've been drinking that I'm real generous. So sport bar type restaurants usually get quite a bit from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X