Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Contradicts Himself Badly (How can you defend him still?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    The thing is he have had the opportunity to fight this 2 guys a lot of times, and he chooses to fight other people. ANd yes when you call yourself, the best you are expected to fight the top guys!!!!!!!

Again, you want a tune up at WW, fight WWs for the tune, dont try and fight a LW at WW, say is a tune up and then try to make it look like it is a great legacy enhancing fight!!!!!!
    You act as if Cotto couldnt have already fought Williams, he could have but he didnt. I dont think there is a welter out there that would guarantee Floyd 15 mil, so why not fight JMM for that much, anybody would.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      I dont think so. Floyd is a smart guy and being the greedy bastard that he is...he knows how to calculate risk vs reward. WW was as hot as it could get in years. and Floyd being the WBC champ knew it would be bad for his p4p status if he declined unification bout offers seeing both Cotto and Margarito had belts at the time and Mosley coming back down and being ranked #3 by the WBC for his belt...and the outcry of a Delahoya rematch being unnecessary with all the unification opportunities he had available.

He then watched as the welterweight division had a tournament to determine an undeniable welterweight king. Which looked to be Margarito after he beat Cotto. Margarito called out Floyd after his Cotto victory but Floyd said he was happily retired.

And all of a sudden rumors of a Mayweather jr return started circulating the monday immediately following Margarito's loss to Shane Mosley. Its just too convenient to be a coincidence in my opinion.
      Co sign homie. Good post!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If floyd is out for the biggest paydays that's fine. That's a personal priority that i can respect. But it would contradict his "i'm coming back for legacy" rant when the Marquez fight was announced. I'm not discrediting him or his decisions...but the thread topic is about Mayweather contradicting himself constantly. Which is obviously true and indefensible.
        I didnt see not one contradiction, I listened to the whole interview, I did however see Brian Kenny contradicting himself many times. Would you want to see Floyd fight Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          You act as if Cotto couldnt have already fought Williams, he could have but he didnt. I dont think there is a welter out there that would guarantee Floyd 15 mil, so why not fight JMM for that much, anybody would.
          Ae tying to say JMM is a bigger draw than Cotto and Mosley? because if you are you are dumber than i tought.

Again, Williams has never been in Cottos neighigborhood. Dude doesnt bring **** for the Top WWs to fight, Including FLoyd. But thats another story!!!!!

The point is Cotto and Mosley have taken on everybody, but FLoyd hanst, and when he have the oppotunity, he still doenst fight them.!!!!!!!

Lol at how you are training to evade the question trying to make a flame war on why Cottto is not fighting Williams.

Comment

Ae tying to say JMM is a bigger draw than Cotto and Mosley? because if you are you are dumber than i tought.

Again, Williams has never been in Cottos neighigborhood. Dude doesnt bring **** for the Top WWs to fight, Including FLoyd. But thats another story!!!!!

The point is Cotto and Mosley have taken on everybody, but FLoyd hanst, and when he have the oppotunity, he still doenst fight them.!!!!!!!

Lol at how you are training to evade the question trying to make a flame war on why Cottto is not fighting Williams.
            Never been in Cotto's neigbhorhood, not sure what you mean. JMM brings a whole country behind him, Shane cant carry a PPV by himself, besides Floyd is paying Shane back for not giving him a fight many years ago and also in 2007, but he will get his. Again if Cotto wanted to fight Williams he could have instead of fighting bums and getting vacant belts.

Comment

Never been in Cotto's neigbhorhood, not sure what you mean. JMM brings a whole country behind him, Shane cant carry a PPV by himself, besides Floyd is paying Shane back for not giving him a fight many years ago and also in 2007, but he will get his. Again if Cotto wanted to fight Williams he could have instead of fighting bums and getting vacant belts.
              Cottos resume ****s on Williams resume WTF ae you talking about?

If you say because of jennings, Well, Williams fought Andy Kolle, the Andy ****ing Kolle instead of doing the right thing and fight Quintana in the rubber match!!!!!!!

We can go on and on with this ****.

The thread is about why you support a guy who contadicts himself like this?

Wich you have failed to answer!!!!!!!!!

Comment

does thread starter have nothing better to do then pick out all these things that maywheater said, the facts are he is a undeafeated former p4p fighter who has come back and is now fighting the 2nd p4p fighter out there

Comment

I didnt see not one contradiction, I listened to the whole interview, I did however see Brian Kenny contradicting himself many times. Would you want to see Floyd fight Pac?
                  At the announcment of Marquez-Mayweather: "I'm coming back for legacy and to take back whats mine. Im doing that by taking on the toughest fights available"

ESPN interview: "I dont fight for bragging rights"

That's not a contradiction to you??

Comment

At the announcment of Marquez-Mayweather: "I'm coming back for legacy and to take back whats mine. Im doing that by taking on the toughest fights available"

ESPN interview: "I dont fight for bragging rights"

That's not a contradiction to you??
                    Not at all, depends on what his defintion of legacy is. Fighting mega events and fighting who the public thinks are the best are two different things. Like I've said many times and even made a thread about it, and I heard Floyd say this the other day, if Shane carried on like Floyd and sold himself, he would be just as big as Floyd, but thats not Shane. You didnt answer if you would like to see Floyd fight Pac.

Comment

Cottos resume ****s on Williams resume WTF ae you talking about?

If you say because of jennings, Well, Williams fought Andy Kolle, the Andy ****ing Kolle instead of doing the right thing and fight Quintana in the rubber match!!!!!!!

We can go on and on with this ****.

The thread is about why you support a guy who contadicts himself like this?

Wich you have failed to answer!!!!!!!!!
                      Who said anything about resume, Williams has called out Cotto many times but Cotto will not fight him. Andy Kolle is a middleweight also, lets' see Cotto go up and fight a middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X