No announcement yet.

Official: Showtime Boxing- James Degale vs Badou Jack RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4/1 for a degale TKO/KO is huge.

Jack is improved but his defense is very poor.

Comment

The odds for Badou Jack look too good to not back. DeGale is definitely the more talented of the two but Jack is very steady whilst DeGale is very up and down during the course of the fight. I think this is one where putting a little on the draw would be very wise.

Comment

Badou Jack as an underdog has value in my opinion. I bet him straight up at +235 and a few more bucks on Jack by split and majority decision hedged with James DeGale by split decision as I think this will go to a close decision either way. Also threw a few bucks on the fight ending in a split or majority draw.

Comment

The first fight of the year could be the best fight of the year. I can't wait for this fight two world class athletes in their prime. I think it may start off close but I think Chunkys class is going to tell after round 6.

Comment

Jack by decision

Comment

Originally posted by JimGunn View Post
              Badou Jack as an underdog has value in my opinion. I bet him straight up at +235 and a few more bucks on Jack by split and majority decision hedged with James DeGale by split decision as I think this will go to a close decision either way. Also threw a few bucks on the fight ending in a split or majority draw.
              So regardless of the outcome you're going to win very little?
              Why not just bet on the over if you feel its going the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                So regardless of the outcome you're going to win very little?
                Why not just bet on the over if you feel its going the distance?
                That's not the case. The props I bet are very small stakes compared to the main moneyline wager on Badou Jack. So if Jack wins by any method I'll have a large R.O.I., maybe really large if he gets the split or majority decision or the majority draw hits. The over 10½ is fairly likely but also pretty juiced and pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGunn View Post
                  Better main play if you feel Jack will win is Jack by decision at roughly 3.5-1 IMO. Pays out over 40% more than just taking Jack to win and I don't see Jack stopping DeGale...

Comment

Degale by stoppage.

Comment

SKY Sports panel predictions

Carl Froch
                      A close points decision that could go either way, but I expect DeGale to win. People will be surprised and raise their eyebrows, but this will be close. It’s in America! Floyd Mayweather has got a lot of clout, although I’m not suggesting anyone is cheating.
                      In close rounds, in a subjective sport that can go either way, it will be a close points decision. If I had to put money on it, I’d say DeGale, but don’t be surprised if Jack wins a close or split decision.

Johnny Nelson
                      It will be a hard, tough fight because Badou Jack is good at everything, but not brilliant. The kind of fighter that beats Badou Jack is a guy who has the style of James DeGale, an unorthodox style, because Badou Jack is very orthodox in comparison to James DeGale, so it won’t be an easy night.
                      I would say James wins, but it’s not an easy night. People say James is lazy, mentally he drifts away, but I think he just gets a bit complacent and thinks ‘this is easy.’ He’s got to get out that habit. I think James DeGale will win on a split decision.

Callum Smith
                      I’m excited, I’m looking forward to seeing it. Two of the best super-middleweights in the world in my division. I think it’s a good fight. Going off recent performances, then you could say it’s a 50-50 fight. They are both good champions, but I feel, given the chance, I have got the beating of either of them.
                      If the best versions of both fighters turns up, then DeGale is the better man. He’s known to switch off in the past and if he does this time, he could come unstuck. But I think a unification fight should bring the best out of him. That should be enough for him to come away with the win, and both titles.

Paul Smith
                      It’s a close one. I think DeGale should win. I think he’s the better fighter, but I have seen him fade a little bit over the last few fights. It might be a couple of mental issues when a fight gets going, but he’s just faded a little bit over the latter part of recent fights that I’ve seen. It might be a little problem which has now been resolved. I think it’s DeGale’s fight to lose. Jack is a big puncher, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if it went the other way and it was a Jack stoppage, but my money is on DeGale on points.

Joe Gallagher
                      I think we’re going to see the best James DeGale that we’ve seen in a long time. DeGale has got a good chance of schooling Badou Jack. He’s a very good fighter, James DeGale.
                      Badou Jack is a good world champion, who I feel has improved in his last few performances, but I do think DeGale, his switch hitting, his change of feet up close, will cause Jack huge problems. I think everyone will be talking about James DeGale after this fight

Dave Coldwell
                      Looking at the footage and the pictures of DeGale, he looks in fantastic shape. He’s not normally one of these fighters that looks ripped. He is fit, he is an athlete, but it looks like his camp has gone really well.
                      The last third of the fight is going to be crucial. James has got to use his skills, use his boxing ability. It will be a hard fight for both of them, but it’s a fight that I believe DeGale can win. It’s going to be hard fought, every round will be competitive, but I do think DeGale will do enough to edge them.

Jamie Moore
                      DeGale wins on points. I wouldn’t be surprised if gets the stoppage. DeGale is a deceptively hard puncher and Jack is the kind of guy whose style means DeGale will catch him cleanly. DeGale struggles with movement, but Jack doesn’t have that.
                      DeGale on points is my verdict, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a late stoppage, and hopefully it will set up an all-British showdown with Callum Smith.

Matthew Macklin
                      It’s a tough fight, but I fancy James to win on points. It will be competitive, he won’t have everything his own way. Jack is a good all-rounder, who isn’t spectacular. He’s solid in every department.
                      James has certainly got more flair, more variety, more of a repertoire, and he’s more awkward with his singles. But he needs to sustain it over 12 rounds - Jack won’t force a Ricky Hatton pace - but he’ll be solid and steady. James starts fast, but he needs to pace this fight right. This is the biggest fight of James’ career and he’ll be aware of that.

Lee Selby
                      I'd go for DeGale on points. He does seem to switch off sometimes, but when he's on form he's hard to beat. You're talking about a skilful, unorthodox southpaw and I expect him to show that against Jack.
                      Badou Jack is a good fighter and can punch hard, but he's been and done it before, so I've got to go with DeGale.

Anthony Crolla
                      I am really looking forward to this one. James looked like he was in the best shape ever and I just see him a bit to slick, a bit too fast for Badou Jack.
                      I don't think James gets enough credit, because his last few fights have seen him put some big names on his record and he has done it on the road. I think he will add another world title to his name. DeGale on points.

Shannon Briggs
                      Badou Jack's skills have just gone from level one to level 10 overnight, so I am super impressed. But DeGale is a phenomenal fighter. This could be fight of the year.
                      I've got to be honest, this is going to be such a close fight, this really could be a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X