Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilberto Mendoza "Jacobs handlers have sent an offer - the numbers - to Loffler"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    You GGG fans are unbearable

You guys say "He challenged GGG on twitter. What's twitter, doe. blah blah blah. Why don't he send an offer, he's ducking GGG. 18 months doe. Everybody scared of GGG. Everybody makes bidness decisions. No one send GGG the contract. Decubas only talks on twitter, but don't send an offer, etc, etc".

We finally gets someone that does everything you guys been b1tching about for the last 4 years and get this? You still complain.

You accused Lara of not sending an offer and only using twitter.

You accused Sergio Martinez and Felix Sturm of refusing to negotiation.

BJS refused to negotiate

Eubank Jr wouldn't sign the contract

You accused Daniel Jacobs of ducking, 18 month's doe, etc.

You accused Spiderman of not negotiating, but to send a contract.

The minute someone does all the above, you guys still b1tch and complain and find a new reason to b1tch about something new.

Last I checked, everybody was running scared of GGG. The entire MW division so your excuse was he had to fight a WW. Here we have a MW who says "sign the contract" and you fcuks are still at it.

You say everyone is always talking "bidness" when it comes to GGG, but the minute GGG gets a contract put in front of him, you same guys want to make sure GGG gets the best compensation whatsoever. I'm like "Wait, I thought it wasn't about the bidness, doe".
    It depends what is in the contract. Some fighters value themselves differently to what others think they are worth. Their is such thing as pricing yourself out of a fight or having a simple disagreement. Until we know what has been offered by whom then we can only guess. I think this fight will happen, there is a good amount of money to be made for both fighters here and much less if they fight anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Kell Brook isn't a "bigger star" than Golovkin (worldwide), but the fact that his camp were the ones bringing the money gave them the right to dictate near all of the terms (though not able to get Brook a few pounds on the scale to make things a bit more competitive).

In prizefighting, money control everything and it'd seemed as if, before Alvarez got knicked with the injury, K2 was looking at a situation where, again, they weren't the ones controlling the money.
      You think Brook just controlled everything and just "gave him an offer"? Bigger fights are almost always negotiated, there is none of this "gives him offer" crap at this level. Both sides control the money, lets get real, this isnt 3rd grade "ill trade you my pokemon card for yours"

Comment

Kell Brook isn't a "bigger star" than Golovkin (worldwide), but the fact that his camp were the ones bringing the money gave them the right to dictate near all of the terms (though not able to get Brook a few pounds on the scale to make things a bit more competitive).

In prizefighting, money control everything and it'd seemed as if, before Alvarez got knicked with the injury, K2 was looking at a situation where, again, they weren't the ones controlling the money.

"Eddie couldn't sign Eubank to fight Golovkin so he gave the fight to Kell and offered him the same deal he was offering Eubank," Arum said.
        Think the Eubanks offer was so good Kell simply accepted without making any demands.

Comment

Just sign dude! lol

Negotiation is easy to understand. Two parties attempt to agree on terms.
          One party makes an offer, the other party makes a counter-offer.
          Serious negotiation is done face to face, in private.
          Announcing offers to the press isn't serious negotiation.
          It's just PR and it makes reaching an agreement more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            You don't know the money situation for either side.
            I know Barclays Center has made Daniel Jacobs the feature face of their "Brooklyn Boxing" brand, and I no that Showtime was able to finance a fight for regular Showtime that HBO, when faced with similar costs, felt the need to put on an unjustified PPV.

The details are unknown, but the optics are pretty clear

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              You think Brook just controlled everything and just "gave him an offer"? Bigger fights are almost always negotiated, there is none of this "gives him offer" crap at this level. Both sides control the money, lets get real, this isnt 3rd grade "ill trade you my pokemon card for yours"
              I think that Matchroom Sport had a date set for the O2 and Sky Sports ready to put on the PPV, and simply needed Golovkin to show up (to fight whatever British fighter that Hearn could get as the local attraction).

K2 had nothing to do with the ring sponsors, K2 had near nothing to do with the marketing of the fight, and K2 didn't even have a single other fighter on the entire bill.

Golovkin got cut a sizable check (depending on who you believe, that number is anywhere from $3m to $4m), and that's about it.

Mayweather-Pacquiao was literally the biggest fight in the history of boxing, yet all Top Rank ended up controlling was Pacquiao, three fights on the undercard, and the Philipino TV rights to the fight.

Comment

So fighting on MSG which had 2k more seats and priced more than Braclays is a confession? What else? Agreeing to fight at 160 ?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  So fighting on MSG which had 2k more seats and priced more than Braclays is a confession? What else? Agreeing to fight at 160 ?
                  No one's Catholic going to see a priest. We're talking boxing here

Comment

I know Barclays Center has made Daniel Jacobs the feature face of their "Brooklyn Boxing" brand, and I no that Showtime was able to finance a fight for regular Showtime that HBO, when faced with similar costs, felt the need to put on an unjustified PPV.

The details are unknown, but the optics are pretty clear

I know Danny Jacobs, the new face of "Brooklyn Boxing", just had to fight in Reading, PA in a 7,000 seat arena.

You're still the same guy who swore Haymon would force a purse bid for Wade/Golovkin, and Golovkin would have to vacate. You're also the same guy who said Golovkin had to pay Wade 5x his highest purse, even though that amount was only a 80/20 split for that fight when an actual purse bid would've got Wade a 25/75 split.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      No one's Catholic going to see a priest. We're talking boxing here
                      Damn my phone is one! Forgive me father for I have sinned by watching **** on this phone.. Lol..

Comment

Working...
                      X