No announcement yet.

Taking Care of Boxing Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Care of Boxing Gloves

Do you guys got some tips for taking care of my Winnings?

Got them fresh and want to expand the lifespan of them.

Maybe by using some leather creme, oil or drying them correctly after training idk.

Thanks in advance.

What worns a glove out is hitting the heavy bag. Hitting double-end bag or mitts take years to worn a pair out compared to working on heavy bag. Don't hit the bag with them, use your older pair of gloves instead.
    I throw my gloves into the balcony when i come home; thus i let them dry and smell bad elsewhere rather than my room.

Comment

Ive never heard of anything to do to take care of them.

The only thing I do is hit them with some anti germ **** inside and out once and awhile because those things are dirty as fck.

Comment

I use cleaner and conditioner on my white ones every few months, but that's only to keep them from looking nasty. The leather is treated and doesn't really need it. The best thing is to spray sorts equipment disinfectant in them, like Addix said, after each use and keep them somewhere where they will stay dry (not a gym bag).
        The insides will likely fall apart much sooner than the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Don't hit the bag with them, use your older pair of gloves instead.
          They sayolder gloves don't protect your hands as well as newer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DMD3 View Post
            They sayolder gloves don't protect your hands as well as newer ones.
            Which is true, but the thing is you:

1. Shorten the lifespan of your gloves drastically

2. If you use all the time a lot of padding, even on the bag you will
            hurt/ break your knuckles in a real fight with less padding on the glove

So its good for strengthening your knuckles.

Comment

Spar gloves need to be dried out all the time don't let them remain wet after use.
              If their quality leather just wipe them off with a clean cloth and once every two weeks or so put a very light cover of vasoline over them.
              Keeping the inside clean and dry will enable them to last.
              If you like the feel of fight gloves on a heavy bag get an old pair but make sure your hands are protected by cloth wraps.
              ray

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
                Which is true, but the thing is you:

1. Shorten the lifespan of your gloves drastically

2. If you use all the time a lot of padding, even on the bag you will
                hurt/ break your knuckles in a real fight with less padding on the glove

So its good for strengthening your knuckles.
                Ass-backwards. What's the point of owning good gloves if not to protect your hands on the bag? Posing?
                Regarding strengthening your knuckles, again, why use good gloves if your target is to rough up your hands. The concept is stupid anyway as keeping your hands healthy is going to be far more important to most people than whatever supposed strengthening goes on. Unless you have zero power, you'll still toughen up your hands with Winning gloves on thebag.

Comment

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/koubudo/item/251573/

Comment

Mine are . destroyed. Time.for a new.pair

Comment

Working...
                    X