No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
    You can't be serious... May vs Pac is what you call equally matched with opposing styles fought at the highest level. It went the distance because they are not bums.

How does the saying goes? 1st round KO says more about your opponent than it does about you.

My expectation of Aldo vs McGregor was high... I expected grappler vs striker, opposing styles that should challenge each either. But one ran recklessly into a punch a P4P#1 should never have (see Mayweather vs Pacquiao)
    I have no argument with this.

Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      The WBC is a world title

The WBA is a world title

The WBO is a world title

The IBO is a world title

How does this make better for crowning a world champion you dumb FCK?!
      Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      Embarrassment?!

You fcking serious?

Aldo McGregor gave you more action in 13 seconds than May Pac did in 12 fckin rounds!
      is that all you are going to take from that entire post? lol...

like it or not, and i dont love floyd, but hes a artist in his sport if you cant see that you are a ****ing fool and you dont know **** and just to include manny he is a exciting fighter and both have given the world enjoyment and paid their dues, may/pac wasnt the best fight boxing has ever seen but ability and skill was on display, what skill was on display in those 13 seconds lol!?!

aldo is supposed to know how to fight in mma, hes been undefeated since 2005 and he got knocked out with the first counter punch/punch landed. thats a bigger joke.

no one in the UFC will ever be a defensive genius and everyone can lose, has there ever been a undefeated champion in the UFC reigning for years and years? not even a defensive fighter how about just a fighter whos been undefeated and been champion for years, i cant think of one or know one.

theres nothing great about a UFC fight that hyped and apparently that big being over in 13 seconds, it actually does the sport a disservice because simply its like they cant fight for **** and these are supposed to be top level UFC fighters, masters in their craft. i had people on my facebook hyped out of their minds, struggling to stay up at 5am to watch it and when they watched the fight they was disappointed as it was a complete joke.

from how you replied to my post in about 5 seconds, you arent really having a logical or sense-able discussion so carry doing yourself a service, you are coming across as a clueless casual fan.

/goodnight

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist_X View Post
        ufc has a law suit against it by ex fighters due to wages, lower tier fighters barely can afford to stay in the sport under that organization, they arent allowed to have sponsorship for example because reebok has exclusive ufc rights on all ring gear etc, theres been moaning about that as well with lower tier fighters making less under the deal when it is in theory purposed to help them along.

i like connor but ufc fighters will never get near the purses of boxers, not in that organization and mma simply isnt big enough compared to boxing and i very much doubt it will be in my life time or ever, for how big that fight was, how much attention he bought to it, dana white must be secretly laughing at him or he must be in on it. hes been played.

say what you will about boxing but the multiple organizations/promotions working together, al haymon, all the bull**** and politics, creates movement and demands, it gives fighters options and things can change, you have no wiggle room with the ufc, you either fight there or fight in a really **** organization for no money that will most likely get bought out by the ufc or flop, the ufc is 100 times worse than the showtime/golden boy monopoly ever was.

its embarrassing a fight that big and hyped can end in 13 seconds though, the fact aldo leaped into a counter in a dangerous matchup that quickly like a complete fool and he hasnt been beaten since 2005? ronda also recently fought like a complete idiot against a boxer, walking into punches like a robot, no head movement, it doesnt do much for the credibility skill wise with striking and the fact and its apparently a better sport than boxing from the ufc fanboys mouths.. but seriously its like there top tier fighters dont know what defense is... even basic striking defense.

fair enough there are multiple world champions but thats why champions "try" and unify to been seen as the best of the best or the best of a era, one organization having too much power isnt good for the sport or the fighters.

ufc also have interim champions (just saying) so they do not have 1 single belt in every division, thats what connor was before the win, also what makes ufc the "real" world champion of mma when you have other organizations such as bellator or in the past strikeforce, thats the same as the WBC being out there as well as the WBO or the IBF, why should they be the be all and end all of a entire sport.

again when it comes to boxing it doesnt really matter if theres 4 or more world titles, if theres 2 dominate champions who could own multiple world titles, the people will demand the fight and money will make it happen and the truth will be found in a win, like with what happened with pac/may.
        It took 6 YEARS to get May Pac done!

6 years to clarify who was the welterweight champion of the world!

Get the FCK outta here

Dana would have had that fight done in 1 yr

2 yrs tops!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Starching the P4P king in 13 seconds is more impressive than anything Floyd did in his entire career.
          You're delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
            It took 6 YEARS to get May Pac done!

6 years to clarify who was the welterweight champion of the world!

Get the FCK outta here

Dana would have had that fight done in 1 yr

2 yrs tops!
            And kept every dime in his grimy ass pockets. TFOH.

Comment

like it or not, and i dont love floyd, but hes a artist in his sport if you cant see that you are a ****ing fool and you dont know **** and just to include manny he is a exciting fighter and both have given the world enjoyment and paid their dues, may/pac wasnt the best fight boxing has ever seen but ability and skill was on display, what skill was on display in those 13 seconds lol!?!

aldo is supposed to know how to fight in mma, hes been undefeated since 2005 and he got knocked out with the first counter punch/punch landed. thats a bigger joke.

no one in the UFC will ever be a defensive genius and everyone can lose, has there ever been a undefeated champion in the UFC reigning for years and years? not even a defensive fighter how about just a fighter whos been undefeated and been champion for years, i cant think of one or know one.

theres nothing great about a UFC fight that hyped and apparently that big being over in 13 seconds, it actually does the sport a disservice because simply its like they cant fight for **** and these are supposed to be top level UFC fighters, masters in their craft. i had people on my facebook hyped out of their minds, struggling to stay up at 5am to watch it and when they watched the fight they was disappointed as it was a complete joke.

from how you replied to my post in about 5 seconds, you arent really having a logical or sense-able discussion so carry doing yourself a service, you are coming across as a clueless casual fan.

/goodnight
              Amen! And what was exciting about that 13 seconds. Charge...lucky counter...hammer fist. Who could he do that to in boxing f'ng no one that's who. Don't compare these guys to pro boxers...it's insulting.

Comment

• "Floyd Mayweather set a record in May 2012 when he made a $32 million guarantee to face Miguel Cotto, and tied his own mark earlier this year against Robert Guerrero, again negotiating $32 million before other revenue came in. For Saturday's fight with Canelo Alvarez, however, Mayweather has shattered his record, as he'll pull in $41.5 million guaranteed."

109 million guaranteed without a man named Pacquiao. This toolbox Mcgregor will make up to 7mil for this fight. He got a long time before he sees Floyd money lol. Some of you guys hate Floyd so much you'll rationalize any asinine comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by greglory View Post
                  And kept every dime in his grimy ass pockets. TFOH.
                  Agreed but the argument was about clarifying world champions.

Comment

/goodnight

"Has there ever been an undefeated fighter in the UFC reigning for years and years..?"

BWaHAHAHaahaHAHAhahahaHAHAHaaHAHA!!

You dumb FCK you sound fckin ******ed

Jon Jones is STILL technically undefeated you fckin clown

Anderson Silva was undefeated in the UFC and ruled dominantly for years

Even Aldo who had had only 1 loss upon entering the UFC ruled for about a decade until last night you dumb FCK

Comment

• well the thing is he's only been fighting for the UFC 6 times and he's already getting 500k for a guy who had only six fights or so. he'll get more later on since the fact that he's white, he's marketable, he's good and has a whole country behind him. but the thing is to be able to get something like FLOYD/PAC of a multi million payday he needs to have a rival who the world thinks can beat him which as of now he don't. and even later on there's really no one else marketable like him in the UFC unlike FLOYD and PAC in boxing. i don't think he'll ever get that but I do love the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X