No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Garcia To Be Announced As FOX PPV March 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Mikey showing these chumps what it means to truly chase greatness and how to really try and become champion in a new division. He's not out here chasing some weak link paper champion who's ranked #9 in his division and then tells people he's chasing history.
    Thank you!!!!
    Finally a boxing fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
      I can't believe anybody on earth would be UPSET with this fight! People take tune ups, people take years off between fights. This is a big fight between two solid fighters! If you watch boxing, and think Mikey is out of his league, you're drunk. Do I think he wins? No. But he can definitely hang. He doesn't take a lot of punishment. I mean, who has beat up Mikey? No one really. TC moves up and it's the best thing ever. Mikey moves up and we act like he's a dwarf. Did you complainers think Ocampo was an excellent match up? Or Algeri? Come on. Mikey won't knock him out. But he can fight.
      A real boxing fan that actually makes sense, rare on this site..

When Mayweather was fighting EVERYBODY wanted him to fight Canelo who was a different weight class. After that, they turned around and wanted him to fight GGG.

But Mikey moving up to fight Spence is a joke and ridiculous?!?!
      I don't understand people.
      This is a damn good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
        You sound bothered that PBC is straying away from what they said they were about. Defending their actions doesnt make it better though. All you have to do is realize the “free tv” angle was a scam.
        The PBC model was about giving more of the sports audience access to boxing, in a move to hopefully grow the audience.

10 shows on FOX, 12 shows on FS1, and 4 shows on BounceTV, each year for the next 4 years, is a great way to deliver quality content to general fans who may like boxing if they get to see it, which then also feeds into interest in the fights on Showtime/CBS/SHOPPV and FOX PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Mikey showing these chumps what it means to truly chase greatness and how to really try and become champion in a new division. He's not out here chasing some weak link paper champion who's ranked #9 in his division and then tells people he's chasing history.
          Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
          Thank you!!!!
          Finally a boxing fan
          Nah , truly chasing greatness is fighting in something like wbss at your own weight class against the best fighters in the division not fighting vs the beast at the new division where you already a tailor made excuse of being too small. He is chasing money. And genuinely , but wrongly so, believes theres flaws in spence he can exploit.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Ray "Boom Boom" Machini and Lennox Lewis will be part of the Fox Boxing Coverage
            Lennox as the color man on FOX, Mancini as the color man on FS1. Chris Meyers paired with Lennox on Fox, Kenny Albert and Mancini on FS1, with fighters/coaches cycling in as the third on the team.

Hopefully the teams gel quickly

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              The PBC model was about giving more of the sports audience access to boxing, in a move to hopefully grow the audience.

10 shows on FOX, 12 shows on FS1, and 4 shows on BounceTV, each year for the next 4 years, is a great way to deliver quality content to general fans who may like boxing if they get to see it, which then also feeds into interest in the fights on Showtime/CBS/SHOPPV and FOX PPV.
              Doesnt matter what the model was about because the reality is that the model is ppv.

There has been that much boxing on “free tv” for decades already. You just chose not to watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                I don't buy into it. It was a broken nose. Countless fighters suffer them in the ring. They don't quit. Fighters with broken jaws even fight on like Oscar Valdez did. I simply question Mikey's willingness to fight through pain.
                Mikey Garcia got his nose broken on a foul, in a fight he was handedly winning, against a good who wouldn't go away regardless of what he hit him with. it's a workman's effort, but if you're already a damaged fighter, have the fight in hand, and the foul that damaged you would take the fight directly to the cards that you were winning on, why keep fighting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                  Doesnt matter what the model was about because the reality is that the model is ppv.

There has been that much boxing on “free tv” for decades already. You just chose not to watch it.
                  If you want to count FNFights and Box Azteca, that's on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Nah , truly chasing greatness is fighting in something like wbss at your own weight class against the best fighters in the division not fighting vs the beast at the new division where you already a tailor made excuse of being too small. He is chasing money. And genuinely , but wrongly so, believes theres flaws in spence he can exploit.
                    so what'd you prefer he'd do? Wait on injured Loma who is stuck to arum who is notorious for not letting his top guys fight high risk fights outside of top rank? Arum Wasn't going to make that fight so why not chase this challenge? I swear some boxing fans will complain about anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      I don't buy into it. It was a broken nose. Countless fighters suffer them in the ring. They don't quit. Fighters with broken jaws even fight on like Oscar Valdez did. I simply question Mikey's willingness to fight through pain.
                      Thats just stupid. A fighter cant just quit! If he quits he LOSES Einstein. Two doctors looked at his nose and the 2nd one tried resetting it but couldnt and thats why he stopped the fight and for good reason. Next time you get a broken nose try continuing to fight....Just be careful not to swallow any blood because youll start vomiting and become very light headed.

A fighter CANT quit. Thats called throwing in the towel.
                      Last edited by Shadoww702; 11-13-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X