Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    The kicker is Trump is already beating Obama, and he's doing without a massive Stimulus package, quantitative easing, and in the face of rising interest rates.

Y'all superfans are lucky Trump doesnt have those advantages that Obama did, or the comparison would be even worse.
    I like how you ignored the 2008 global crash as part of your assessment. The stimulus package was because of the recession, he didn't just get it for no reason.
    Last edited by Hype job; 10-19-2018, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Stop debating 1bad on the economy

He’s clueless, dishonest & biased plus will change the rules of any discourse

Fruitless exercise & waste of bandwidth

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        I didn't say tax cuts cause recession, I said tax cuts for the rich and massive deregulation will cause another recession.
        Fair enough.

Then explain how tax cuts and regulation cuts cause recessions.

You also left out one example. Clinton cut taxes and deregulated. Where was his recession?

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        Until you can admit that Trumps tax plan adds to the deficit I'm not going to bother wasting my time with you and the trolling.
        So you want me to agree with conjecture and talking points to continue????

Dude, either you can explain your assertions or you cannot.

But dont punk out like it appears you're trying to do.

As for this last claim, I'll agree they added to the deficit once you do two things; one, show that tax revenue from the taxes cut went down, and two, cite whether spending increased or decreased during that same time.

Remember, revenue is only half the equation here. Spending is the other half. But I'm sure a guy of your background knew that already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          I like how you ignored the 2008 global crash as part of your assessment. The stimulus package was because of the recession, he didn't just get it for no reason.
          The 2008 crash has nothing to do with tax cuts. That's why I left it out.

It was caused by the implosion of the housing market. And that implosion sure wasnt caused by tax cuts.

Yes, the Obama stimulus was an answer to the 2008 recession. And it did get the economy growing.

The problem was we only saw <2% annual growth, and this for 8 years after!!

That's anemic growth, and iirc the weakest recovery from a recession in our history.

Comment

The 2008 crash has nothing to do with tax cuts. That's why I left it out.

It was caused by the implosion of the housing market. And that implosion sure wasnt caused by tax cuts.

Yes, the Obama stimulus was an answer to the 2008 recession. And it did get the economy growing.

The problem was we only saw <2% annual growth, and this for 8 years after!!

That's anemic growth, and iirc the weakest recovery from a recession in our history.
            You listed the stimulus as an advantage Trump never had which is stupid because the stimulus was to recover the economy from the 08 crash.

Trump inherited a much, much better economy than Obama did, and had much less of an uphill battle than Obama did in regards to the economy.

Comment

You listed the stimulus as an advantage Trump never had which is stupid because the stimulus was to recover the economy from the 08 crash.
              Irrelevant.

The fact is, regardless of the why, that Obama had a massive Keynesian stimulus package, and Trump did not.

And again, Trump is still seeing bigger GDP growth.

Trump inherited a much, much better economy than Obama did, and had much less of an uphill battle than Obama did in regards to the economy.
              While better, it wasnt that great.

As I've had to point out many times, <2% annual growth is below average.

So Trump inherited an economy growing at a less than average rate.

Comment

Irrelevant.

The fact is, regardless of the why, that Obama had a massive Keynesian stimulus package, and Trump did not.

And again, Trump is still seeing bigger GDP growth.
                It's not irrelevant. Obama had a massive stimulus, but also a massive recession, that lasted for the first two years of his leadership. The economy didn't even fully heal after his first term.

Comment

It's not irrelevant. Obama had a massive stimulus, but also a massive recession, that lasted for the first two years of his leadership. The economy didn't even fully heal after his first term.
                  Again, he had 8 years.

8 years, and he couldn't break 2%.

Trump's going to break 3% this year, unless next quarters growth is much lower than expected.

And the growth ain't stopping soon, as the Federal Reserve is raising interest rates saying they see big growth at least the next two years.

The number dont lie.

Accept them.

Now you need to pivot to understanding why Trump's numbers are so much better than Obama's, and then we need to continue with policies that foster economic growth, and repeal those policies which ****** growth.

Comment

Again, he had 8 years.

8 years, and he couldn't break 2%.

Trump's going to break 3% this year, unless next quarters growth is much lower than expected.

And the growth ain't stopping soon, as the Federal Reserve is raising interest rates saying they see big growth at least the next two years.

The number dont lie.

Accept them.

Now you need to pivot to understanding why Trump's numbers are so much better than Obama's, and then we need to continue with policies that foster economic growth, and repeal those policies which ****** growth.
                    Yeah, the biggest recession in nearly 80 years.

Comment

Yeah, the biggest recession in nearly 80 years.
                      Did the recession last 8 full years???

You're cheerleading at this point.

That's a bad look.

Comment

Working...
                      X